Re-design?

CC97

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really love that!!!!

something though....

i really enjoy the "just added" and i constantly check that out...i agree with a previous post saying that you should link it directly to the logo....also....with the news...you have a link where you can see the old news articles that you had written..i think you should have that with the "just added" also because for example...if you add more than twelve in a day then you cant know what else has been added....or if someone wants to see the recent logos added within a certain amount of time...and i think you should also include the dates the logos were added

I will concur with those who have already posted...

And I like the logo of the day part--but if you won't be able to change it each day--even a logo of the week would be a good idea...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree with the Archive of logos added, that was something I had planned on doing with the current design before I figured I would just give it a makeover as well.

Under my prelim plan, the logo of the day would be automatically updated using a database -- that should do the trick.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Nice Chris. Go for it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I guess this is a love fest in here, and I hate to disrupt it, but as a web designer... I'm not a fan. The new concept is needlessly bright and shocking. Red in that type of volume screams at a user similarly to ALL CAPS. I would reccomend reducing the amount of red. Functional sites such as amazon, ebay, dell, and microsoft use cooler, calmer colors in their main design, and save the red for error messaging. I follow this same convent in my web product design.

I like the new features and the clean layout but the red is too much, for me. Looks too much like a gas station or a fast food place. I prefer the shades of blue and grey.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I guess this is a love fest in here, and I hate to disrupt it, but as a web designer... I'm not a fan. The new concept is needlessly bright and shocking.

Not in Firefox. :D

The only problem I have is the typo "Los Angels Angels of Anaheim"

I guess this is a love fest in here, and I hate to disrupt it, but as a web designer... I'm not a fan. The new concept is needlessly bright and shocking. Red in that type of volume screams at a user similarly to ALL CAPS. I would reccomend reducing the amount of red. Functional sites such as amazon, ebay, dell, and microsoft use cooler, calmer colors in their main design, and save the red for error messaging. I follow this same convent in my web product design.

I like the new features and the clean layout but the red is too much, for me. Looks too much like a gas station or a fast food place. I prefer the shades of blue and grey.

I'm going for a more, non-boring colour scheme, know what i mean? What would you recommend i add to this to get rid of that.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That is the hottest thing since sliced bread. :D

If you are gonna mod the board...can you add the "Quick Reply" option so we can stay on the page to post a reply? That would make this board sooooooooooo much better.

BTW, what do you think of this freakin snow storm we just got?? Its march, and there is fresh snow in Toronto...what the hell is going on???

yeha Quick Reply would be great.....

snow storms hey? i'm telling ya it is better over there than over here, this weekend i have had a Basketball Tournament in Lilydale (a long, long, long way from where i live) and yesterday it was about 30 degrees (100 faren) and today it is 35 (about 100+ faren) and there was like five and a half hours in between our games on both days and staying inside a shed for 5 hrs isn't the best thing in heat, so i took off my shirt and kicked a footy around and got really burnt and eventually, we got a water fight going (yeah, who cares about level 2 water restrictions or whatever we are up to)

ok, back to the site.....nice design, like the Logo of the Day section.....is there anyway the board can be tied into that design, like with the banner and panel down the left on every page on the board

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

also with the dates, could you try use for example Mar 13, 2005 or 13 Mar 2005 as opposed to 2005-03-13 or whatever is the American way because from what i know, the Americans are the only coutnry that writes the date like that (and maybe Canada, not sure) or is the US using 03-13-2005 or something like that?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

also with the dates, could you try use for example Mar 13, 2005 or 13 Mar 2005 as opposed to 2005-03-13 or whatever is the American way because from what i know, the Americans are the only coutnry that writes the date like that (and maybe Canada, not sure) or is the US using 03-13-2005 or something like that?

03-13-05 or 03/13/05, yeah we do month -day -year

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I like it, but what will happen to the banners designed? :wacko:

That's one of reasons why I asked if the board will change its colours. Personally, I prefer the boards and the logos site to have similar colours to show a connection between the two websites (I'm thinking of a better phrase for this). But hey, this proposed redesign looks good and I wouldn't mind the change.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived