My First Logo Concept

nafsder2003

Hello, I have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now and I really like everybody's work. I decided to try to make my own logo and here is what I got. The logo is for a created team that I made in NCAA Football 2005 called the Western Maine Braves. The logo I used for my team in the game was William and Mary's logo, and so that pretty much determined my color scheme and nickname (althought I did change the yellow to more of a yellow orange for my logo). The jerseys are basically the Packers current jerseys, so I felt no need to make them (and I couldn't decide what template to use :D ). So here they are, and comments and suggestions would be appreciated. I made them in photoshop.

Primary Logo

Wordmark

Thanks.

I updated the primary logo a little bit. Right now I'm struggling with piecing together a jersey (can't find a template that I want to use). Anyway, here is my new logo. I added a chipped effect to the blade (may add a few little bit more of it, I don't know...and I may add it to the black outline eventually too.) I also added a few highlights (the two lighter colored chunks on the axehead itself and the two lighter colored long, thin triangles on the handle). Anyway, comments and suggestions and everything else would be greatly appreciated (as well as tips as to how to design a jersey...I origionaly was going to do a Packers look alike like i had it in the game, but I kind of want to branch out and I'm lacking ideas)

braves2.jpg

I like the primary but I think the wordmark could use some work.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I like the primary but I think the wordmark could use some work.

Ya, I was thinking of redoing the wordmark all together. At first I tried to make it in the style of the William and Mary logo with the two feathers, but 1. I don't like the feathers I made and 2. Without the feathers, there really isn't anything special about the word mark. It's actually quite boring.

I do like the colours you've used on both the logo and watermark, but I would recommend two minor changes. Firstly, the logo image would probably look a bit better at an angle, as opposed to 90 degrees. Not a huge deal, but it gives the viewer a sense of movement, and as sportslogos go, that's usually a look you want to capture. Secondly, I say thin the black and green outlines on the text and feathers. It makes them look a little too blocky and squishes the lettering a bit.

Pretty good for a first time logo, though. I'd be very happy with what you have so far.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I used most of the suggestions (actually, all of them dealing with the primary logo I believe) and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. Along with adding the chipped border, shrinking the border (I only did this a little bit, I kind of like a thick border...it makes it look cartoony I guess, but I still like it) and rotating the tomahawk, I changed the color of the little x's (I don't know the official word...I guess rope tieing the axehead to the handle) so that I have a more consistant color scheme (grey didn't fit too well in my eyes). Anyway, here it is. I'll begin tackling a secondary logo and an completely redone wordmark tomorrow. Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far and please, keep them comeing.

EDIT: I also got rid of a tiny green line that appeared wear the handle connected with the axehead in the earlier logos. Don't know how it got there, but it's gone now.

braves4.jpg

I used most of the suggestions (actually, all of them dealing with the primary logo I believe) and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. Along with adding the chipped border, shrinking the border (I only did this a little bit, I kind of like a thick border...it makes it look cartoony I guess, but I still like it) and rotating the tomahawk, I changed the color of the little x's (I don't know the official word...I guess rope tieing the axehead to the handle) so that I have a more consistant color scheme (grey didn't fit too well in my eyes). Anyway, here it is. I'll begin tackling a secondary logo and an completely redone wordmark tomorrow. Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far and please, keep them comeing.

braves4.jpg

Major improvement over the original version. Great job.

IUe6Hvh.png

I put together a secondary logo. I is a WM for Western Maine using the same chipped scheme and green accents that I used on the primary logo. If I do make uniforms for this concept, this will probably be the helmet logo. The logo is actually the same when rotated 180 degrees (I know, not hard to do with a W and an M since they are basically the same letter flipped). I don't know why I did it that way, but with the W and the M being the same exact shape, I think it gives it a cleaner look (the W is actually just the M flipped since in the origional font, the legs of the W slanted slightly more than the legs of the M). Anyway, comments, suggestions, critique, questions, and anything else is accepted. Thankyou for the compliments on my primary logo so far. I hope I am not getting to annoying posting new things in this thread so often...

secondarybraves.jpg

braves2.jpg

I've been staring at the logo trying to figure out how the stone is tied to the stick with the two string "X"s. I know this is picky, but there should only be one "X" across the stone (see the Blackhawks secondary logo). Otherwise it's good work.

Condorssig.jpg

ooh...good point, I didn't notice that. I'll fix that eventually. And as for the Blackhawks logo secondary logo (at least the one I'm looking at), I can't figure out how that it attatched either (simply because the X isn't long enough) but that is a conversation for another day and time.

There is the complete logo set for my first logo concept. I fixed the tomahawk (makin gthe head realistically tied to the handle) and created a wordmark. The wordmark is pretty generic, and I might take the tomahawk out of the background of it and leave it as just lettering. Thankyou for all your suggestions, help, critique, and compliments. If you have any more, please share.

bravesconcept.jpg

Archived