Capitals Concept

lost_limey

First of all, the stripes on the white jersey are backwards--the Eagle follows the stripe down towards the viewer's left.

I can't say I like these at all, the red and blue are both too bright and compete with each other the way they're used. As much as I hate-hate-hate their black jersey (the striping pattern, the colours, the dome logo), this doesn't do anything for me either. Sorry.

(If they're gonna bring something back, bring back the blue "checkmark" jersey that complements the white jersey. That was a great set of jerseys.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Caps really need to start with a clean slate. I hate how they have 2 different templetes and 2 different uniforms. I'd like to see the unused logo utilized in something like this, but definately with a standardized templete.

VmWIn6B.png

One thing that makes no sense to me on the red jersey is that the blue and black stripes are swapped over between the sleeves and the bottom of the jersey.

I would deepen the red a bit, add maybe a gold color instead of the black but use it just as an accent to offset the reed and blue. And actrually also darken the blue down a bit, assuming that you go for blue pants.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'll re-work this using everyone's suggestions, but the red & blue colors are from ssurorg's pdf of the colours that the Caps used to use. And does anybody know where I can get a good sized version of that unused logo?

a return to patriotic colors would certainly work better than the black, teal and brown mess the caps (and wiz) currently employ. those colors together, man, disgusting.

Humbly disagree. Blue, not teal. Bronze, not brown. Oval Office man, seal of the president n stuff.

Was the best scheme going pre-Wiz.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Not a huge fan of the checkmark stripes, but outside of that a really cool piece.

Hooray! My first vaguely positive criticism. And yeah, I like the old layout, but I do prefer the new Eagle logo over the old Capitals word mark. But that'd be like 10 seconds in paint to do, so I tried to combine the old colors & stripe scheme with the new logos and checkmark stripe pattern.

i like the idea of bringing back red, white and blue with bronze trim. my suggestion is to use navy, darker shade of red and trim it out with a bronze.

but over all, this concept certainly has potential. and would love to see the finished product.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived