Need your help

clemster007

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone!!!! I really appreciate it. My buddies and I looked at your nicknames last night. I apologize to everyone about starting new threads. It never dawned on me to continue in one that I already started. For that I apologize. As I said before, I'm still getting use to this system and the way you guys run things.

The three names that we are considering are listed below. I apologize to anyone that entered an idea that we didn't take. We have more names needed so please bear with us.

1. Los Angeles Diablos

2. San Jose Samurai (Need a logo for this one, so if you can help and give us a $)

3. Dallas Desperados

4. New York Emperors

Here is a list of cities we still need help on, and please be as creative and diverse as you can. Just a hint: Names that are different are a major like to this group. Just look at the four taken.

1. Chicago

2. Houston

3. Philadelphia

4. Pheonix

5. San Diego (Sort of leaning towards Padres/Marauders: Still need suggestions)

6. San Antonio

7. Detroit

8. Indianapolis

9. San Francisco

10. Jacksonville

Thank you.

Hey, my first post! I've actually checked out this site for a long time, and have admired a lot of the talent. I figured I'd throw in my two cents on this topic, since it sounds like fun...

Chicago Chill

Houston Meteors

Philadelphia Pharaohs

Phoenix Scorpions

San Diego Tridents

San Antonio Toros

Detroit Diesel

San Francisco Fury

Jacksonville Southpaws

I couldn't think of any thing for Indy....

We are looking over the entries we received. Again, we thank you all. We really like the San Jose Samurai. We understand that someone else on here is using that team name. I believe they are using it for baseball. We would like to use it for football. If the person that is using it doesn't mind.

So here is what we are looking at for the moment:

1. New York Emperors

2. Dallas Desperado's

3. Los Angeles Diablos

4. San Jose Samurai

We are thinking of maybe using these two but would like your opinions. Here they are:

1. San Jose Slayers

2. Pheonix Pharoahs

3. San Antonio Defenders

4. San Diego Tridents

We are still looking to see what other creative names you guys might have for the following cities:

Chicago

Houston

Philadelphia

Columbus

Austin

San Antonio

Detroit

San Francisco

Jacksonville

Indianapolis

I am looking forward to seeing more great input.

We really like the San Jose Samurai. We understand that someone else on here is using that team name. I believe they are using it for baseball. We would like to use it for football. If the person that is using it doesn't mind.

How about the Houston Hydration Chamber? :P

I'm going to avoid being snarky...

Chicago Skyliners

Houston Hangmen

Philadelphia War Hawks

Columbus Crush

Austin Stallions

San Antonio Cannons

Detroit Wheels

San Francisco BaySharks

Jacksonville Explorers

Indianapolis Huskers

As for the others...

NY Emperors - Eh, no. <_<

Dallas Desperados - LawSuit.

LA Diablos - I like.

SJ Samurai - Virtual @$$ kicking from ICS. :evil:

SJ Slayers - Better.

Phoenix Pharohs - Can't be any worse than the Memphis Pharohs of the USFL. :therock:

SD Tridents - I like.

philly.png

Okay. Here is the latest updates from what we have received from everyone. My fellow gamers are at odds here. This is what we have put together with the help of your input.

1. New York Emperors

2. Dallas Desperado's

3. Los Angeles Diablos

4. San Jose Slayers

5. Chicago Skyliners

6. Houston Hangmen

7. Indianapolis Huskers

8. Pheonix Pharaohs

9. San Diego Tridents

10. San Antonio Defenders

We are still looking to see what other creative names you guys might have for the following cities:

Philadelphia

Columbus

Austin

Detroit

San Francisco

Jacksonville

Baltimore

Memphis

Milwaukee

Boston

I like what you guys are coming up with. So far, I think our league is beginning to look pretty original. Please, please, please keep up the great work and ideas.

We are meeting tonight to go over what we have from you guys VS what we came up with. We are looking to start gathering logos soon and having some work done.

Thank you everyone.

Altitude

Admirals

Avengers

Bengals

Aliens

Sabers

Gladiators

Rampage

Liberty

Broncos

Stallions

Bulls/Bulldogs

Comets

Cougars

Coyotes

Generals

Magic

Hawks

Falcons

Jackets/Yellow-Jackets

Blues

Jazz

Knights

Marshals

Panthers

Vipers

Wild'Cats

Colonials

Highlanders

Invaders

Lancers/FreeLancers

Mavericks

Outlaws

Pioneers

Quakers

Renegades

Vandals

X-Treme

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1. Los Angeles Fame

2. Chicago Mob

3. Houston Marshalls

4. Philadelphia Spirit

5. Pheonix Sidewinders

6. San Diego Wildfire

7. Dallas Gunslingers

8. San Antonio Courage

9. Detroit Throttle

10. San Jose Jaws or Attack (anything shark related a la Red Triangle)

1. Chicago Agogo

2. Houston Me

3. Philadelphia Happy

4. Pheonix On

5. San Diego My eggo

6. San Antonio Platonics

7. Detroit Andtrue

8. Indianapolis Officers

9. San Francisco Vert

10. Jacksonville Ijpeople

:D

okay feel free to reject each one of the horrible puns above--some which barely make sense...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm still lost after 10 threads. All this for one fantasy footballleague??!! Well, clem, if you want to be different, using Dallas Desperados will get you nowhere. There is an Arena Football League team with that name, owned by the Cowboys' Jerry Jones Someone referenced it earlier, but I thought I'd spell it out for you because you are still listing it in the winners column.

FWIW:

Desperados 52, Wranglers 28

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Jason Shelley and Bobby Sippio each caught two touchdown passes, and Clint Stoerner threw for 219 yards and five scores, leading the Dallas Desperados to a 52-28 victory over the Austin Wranglers on Sunday.

Sippio also rushed for a score for Dallas (5-2)

John Fitzgerald completed 20 of 35 passes for 184 yards and four touchdowns for Austin (2-5).

... This competes with ProLogo as strangest debut of all time. Why knock "Imagining a new league" when this seems to be exactly what you are doing here? Your league is no more real to us than an imagined one... I don't understand how naming you and your buddies' teams for you is a better use of this space.

3. Philadelphia Happy

Needs a couple "z"s on the end.

I'd love to see a logo mock-up. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived