Buffalo Ice Change Followup

Neon_Matrix

Thanks. I'm not sure if I like that or not.

The intent of that zone is to help speed up the game. The goalie gets a delay of game penalty if he covers up the puck behind the goal line outside the zone. I believe the goalie is also legal to be hit if he strays outside that zone behind the line as well.

If it is just covering up that gets the penalty, then that's cool, but they should be able to skate out and play the puck (as long as they are treated like a defensemen.)

I really meant that I wasn't sure if I liked the actual lines or not. I think lines on courts / ice should be kept to a minimum. I really hate the "charging" circle that the NBA added a few years back.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like how the center line cuts through the team logo. They need to come up with a way to have the line but not taking away from the logo. Aka many center court logos for basketball.

I don't like how the center line cuts through the team logo.  They need to come up with a way to have the line but not taking away from the logo.  Aka many center court logos for basketball.

The center line in basketball comes into play less often that it does in hockey. That's why the hockey center line goes all the way through.

There are usually a couple very thin ice-colored lines that follow the red line through the logo. You wouldn't see them from the stands, but they are there.

Basektball has the same thing, but again, you wouldn't see it from the stands.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The intent of that zone is to help speed up the game. The goalie gets a delay of game penalty if he covers up the puck behind the goal line outside the zone. I believe the goalie is also legal to be hit if he strays outside that zone behind the line as well.

Actually, I believe they're not allowed to play the puck at all behind the line outside of that zone. It's always been a delay penalty to freeze the puck behind the goal line, providing the goaltender is not still inside the crease.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i like the idea and it does look good. my problem is why not do it with a complete overhaul in logos and colors ie updated version of the uniforms they wore prior to the change to black and red. the current logo and colors clash with the ice colors.

its not like god is going to come down and punish the sabres for breaking tradition. :P

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I think it will be VERY hard for the players yet alone fans to see a black puck on the blue ice. Who knows, maybe they will introduce a florecent green puck to go along with the new blue ice. :P

Butttt...the black in the Sabers logo at centre ice shows up pretty well...so you never know until you see it in action.

and maybe we can get Fox's red streaking puck back too

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Was it really that hard to see a BLACK puck on WHITE ice? Why is it always hockey that is being screwed around with? Let's make the game more of a joke that what it already is down south...this is stupid :cursing:

I don't think this has anything at all to do with seeing the puck better. I think what they are saying is that it will be easier on your eyes to watch a game on TV if you aren't staring at a mostly white screen for nearly 4 hours. You may not think it is that bad, but I think it is more of a subconscious thing where your eyes could get a little tired and (assuming you aren't a die-hard fan) you feel the urge to change the channel or walk away for a while. Does this happen? I think yes, but maybe not to the extent that it requires something like this (it is tough to watch a home flyers game anymore. With their black/ white uni's and the opponent always in white, it looks like you are watching a b/w TV.)

I'm all for giving it a shot, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it will be VERY hard for the players yet alone fans to see a black puck on the blue ice. Who knows, maybe they will introduce a florecent green puck to go along with the new blue ice.  :P

Butttt...the black in the Sabers logo at centre ice shows up pretty well...so you never know until you see it in action.

and maybe we can get Fox's red streaking puck back too

eww...i dunno what sounds worse, that stupid puck or the blue ice...

honestly, I don't like it. It looks like a dirty retro idea or something. gimme nice white ice

Was it really that hard to see a BLACK puck on WHITE ice? Why is it always hockey that is being screwed around with? Let's make the game more of a joke that what it already is down south...this is stupid :cursing:

Hockey started to go bad when it went south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

"BringBackTheVet" I am CANADIAN ...I play the game... I am a die hard fan and still think it is stupid. I'm tired of trying to sell hockey to the American public.

Every place in the world where hockey is played, the fans have no problem with watching the game as is. (on TV or live) So with your explaination you would have black and white players on a blue background? That will be a whole lot better to watch right?:therock:

I would like to see how our American friends would react to changing the fields in Baseball. There pass time. Maybe a nice shade of orange :P

"BringBackTheVet" I am CANADIAN ...I play the game... I am a die hard fan and still think it is stupid. I'm tired of trying to sell hockey to the American public.

Every place in the world where hockey is played, the fans have no problem with watching the game as is. (on TV or live) So with your explaination you would have black and white players on a blue background? That will be a whole lot better to watch right?:therock:

I would like to see how our American friends would react to changing the fields in Baseball. There pass time. Maybe a nice shade of orange :P

Calm down there, tough guy. Chug some maple syrup or something.

You are allowed to say it is stupid. You made reference to the fact that this change was to better see the puck, and I corrected you (my argument was from one of the articles regarding the change.)

I'm not CANADIAN, but I'm a die hard too. I've probably watched 90% of games Bob Froese threw a tantrum on the ice at the Spectrum. Believe it or not, there are Americans who grow up around hockey and follow it just like Canadians.

Oh, and our "pass time" Baseball? Ever heard of Astroturf? The DH? A lot of significant things have been done over the years.

Our "real" past time is probably now football, and last time I looked, Boise State was rockin' the blue field and while it may look dumb to a lot of people, the game goes on.

I'm still confused as to why they messed with the color lines. Obviously dark blue and red show up because the center line is now blue and the goal lines are still red. So why switch up the center line color and add orange at all? There was no need to change any of the line colors, except maybe to make what should be the blue lines a little darker. That aside, the light blue ice doesn't look bad. The Sabres just need to get new colors to compliment it(navy and true gold).

Ice color isn't a tradition.

We've only had white ice for 12 years. Before then it was always blue.

Whine much?

I don't see basketball players refusing to play pickup games because parking lots have black surfaces instead of the normal woodwork.

Oh god it's the end of the world! <_<

Yuck--I don't like light blue & orange together...

i've heard that a lot :P believe you me.

Oh come on, the Oilers Blue and Orange jerseys are and were really nice. Sometimes colours that clash look the best...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived