NY Jets Concept

KennyRock

Largely just experimenting here. I like the Jets in just green and white, but I figured adding blue keeps them distinct enough from the rest of the teams in the league(I can only think of the Seahawks as the only other team with some green/blue combo). I also changed the green back to the old Jets Kelly green. Letters and numbers are the Titans font.

NYJETSBLUE.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I dont really see this as too similar to the Seahawks old scheme. Green, not blue, is the emphasis; the blue is darker than the Seahawks old blue; and there is no silver. But i certainly can understand the love for that classic old Seattle look.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I dont really see this as too similar to the Seahawks old scheme. Green, not blue, is the emphasis; the blue is darker than the Seahawks old blue; and there is no silver. But i certainly can understand the love for that classic old Seattle look.

yeah but seeing those shades of blue and green together again, brings a tear to my eye!

the more i see them, the more i like it. kinda has the hartford whalers feel to it. which i like. the jets needs a 3rd color and blue works.

jets fans would burn new york city to the ground if god forbid the jets added a third color like blue.

:notworthy:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Excellent work, KennyRock - these are simple, clean and contemporary without losing the simple and traditional look of the Jets. As you mentioned in your post, this was largely experimental and to that end, I think you've succeeded - wildly!

Obviously, adding a third color to the Jets - blue in particular - understandably ruffles the the feathers of the team's most faithful :D (After all, there are those Giants...)

I was one of the happy fans when the Jets changed back to their older style but this is a totally new and original concept that could win me over!

Would you considering posting this concept using their green, and white without the blue and with a little bit of black?

Again, really nice work!

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Just to refresh our memories on the Seahawks' old colors:

SeattleSeahawks_FC_2001.jpg

he he... thanks....

I know the blue in that Pantone looks a little brighter... but the blue in the concept looks dead on to my Steve Largent Authentic Jersey!

Yeah...that could be due to the textile color being darker...

(don't have their old Pantone Textile colors.............................................................yet.)

The Jets home concept works a bit, but most of this is just an eye sore to me. When I first saw this, I had to flinch back. The mix of blue and green in the NY logo is not as bad. But for my sake, I hope this remains an experiment only. Other than that, nice work all around trying to do something radical with a design I like left alone.

But to be fair, this concept is better than the green of the Rich Kotite era.

The Jets home concept works a bit, but most of this is just an eye sore to me. When I first saw this, I had to flinch back. The mix of blue and green in the NY logo is not as bad. But for my sake, I hope this remains an experiment only. Other than that, nice work all around trying to do something radical with a design I like left alone.

Basically agree, however, I like the uniform concept much more than the green and blue logo concept.

The Jets happen to be my favorite team. While I love their existing unis, I think the concept with the blue looks great!!! I also happen to love the new and old seahawks colors, along with the Hartford Whalers (hated to see them move). Perhaps an alternate jersey incorporating the blue would work. I'm new to this message board and I must say that some of the concepts are much better than what teams actually wear. Team owners could definitely do themselves (and their marketing efforts) good if they were to visit this site.

Peace

Archived