Port Huron Border Cats

CMUBrent

FYI: The Port Huron Border Cats played from 1996-2002 in the UHL after playing 5 years in Fraser, Michigan, as the Detroit Falcons. Plus, they were my other favorite UHL team (Flint being the other one). ^_^ The logo I used is from the Cats' first four years in Port Huron. I always felt the second logo, while a little more modern-looking, was too generic.

Here's the actual road uni:

bordercatsrd.jpg

And here are some of my concepts:

Concept 1

Concept 2

Concept 3

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I like your second concept the best. It helps that I like the color combination the Cats used, and like your concepts better because the colors are darker. Other colors might not look good with that design. The only thing I don't like about it is using the gold on the shoulder for the red sweater. I think switching the gold and the blue on the third would look best.

The logo on the other hand is awful! I hated it, and was even stupid enough to buy a hat with it when I went to go see a game. (Though their logo as the Falcons wasn't much better either.)

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I like these...

Heck, these are a heck of a lot nicer than what the current residents of McMorran (and soon to be new residents of the Roanoke Civic Center) are wearing (the Beacons have a pretty nice logo, but the color scheme of teal, navy, and gold was just used in the wrong manner with their current (and last) set)...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm not quite digging yours. The big difference between yours and the actual jerseys is the diagonal striping, which I think works better with such a asymmetrical logo--the stripe follows the tilt of the logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, I still like the actual jerseys better (I still have my blue alternate :) ), but I figured I'd see what something different would look like. :)

Here's an update for Port Huron's first team, the Flags (IHL 1962-81). The original Flags jerseys were basically Red Wings unis with the Flags logo on the front. When the team brought back the Flags nickname in the mid 1970s. their jerseys were similar to the Maple Leafs unis of that era, only red and white instead of blue and white. :)

Port Huron Flags

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived