London O's (Olympians) New logo

Stampman

This is an American Football team from Britain-they are changing their logo form a boring "o" to this--which is the "o" with flames...

Not bad--it is an improvement--some interesting logos in this league though-

O's new logo

The main site-view teams thru a drop down on the right

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well... It could have been great, with a name like that, but they had to use gradient... :rolleyes:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Well... It could have been great, with a name like that, but they had to use gradient... :rolleyes:

It's barely there, so it's not as bad as some, but it could be better the "O" does nothing for me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The flame looks like an "auto-trace" of the Tennessee Titans flame. If you comapre the structure and direction of the lines, you can see that they are identical. The only difference is the O flame has lots of rounded and not completely defined shapes, which is a characteristic of the auto-trace feature in Illustrator. In short, it's not really an original design, but rather a recoloring, plus an O.

EDIT - Beat me to it. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

"Interesting" logos in the league? Come on. The logos in this league are about what you'd expect for an American football league - with no official ties to the NFL - operating in Europe: meh. It's an uninspiring mish-mosh of clip art, logos borrowed from American college/pro teams and poorly hand-drawn/traced crap.

The flame looks like an "auto-trace" of the Tennessee Titans flame. If you comapre the structure and direction of the lines, you can see that they are identical. The only difference is the O flame has lots of rounded and not completely defined shapes, which is a characteristic of the auto-trace feature in Illustrator. In short, it's not really an original design, but rather a recoloring, plus an O.

EDIT - Beat me to it. :P

about the titans flame, I agree

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I was checkin' out some of the names of these teams, the Dundee Hurricanes? You get those once a decade. The Bristol Aztecs??? C'mon now Britain has enough history not to rely on Mexico for ideas.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

"Interesting" logos in the league? Come on. The logos in this league are about what you'd expect for an American football league - with no official ties to the NFL - operating in Europe: meh. It's an uninspiring mish-mosh of clip art, logos borrowed from American college/pro teams and poorly hand-drawn/traced crap.

I said interesting--not necessarily good--I can find a logo interesting without it being good...

I kind of like the arrows--it's simple--but I think different and effective in the curve...

The GFL has better logos--although many of them are rip offs too...

GFL

The Scorpions one is the best

The problem is that none of these teams have any cash to pay for this kind of thing. If they're lucky enough to have a designer on the squad they can do something decent. Un fortunately most dont so they just make some quick stencil and stick a logo on.

I play football in Italy. This is my favorite one over here. :evil:

nightmares.gif

Here's a great site to see tons of foreign football teams

Global Helmet Project

Ben

Some cool stuff there, and some not so good stuff--just like here in North America-

Excpet some of those teams have advertising on their helmets...

Archived