New York Jets Helmet Proposal

TruColor

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see a green helmet with stripes. The retros from 95(?) looked great with a green helmet and current unis. Anyone got a pic?

Here's a Green one - for the heck of it all:

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_04.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of that man, excellent job! The three white concepts were good, but that green helmet takes the cake.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Here's a straight-on shot of that last one:

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_01a.gif

I think it looks odd with the lighter green as the center stripe. That means that their pants / jerseys would probably feature a thick light green stripe surrounded by dark green. I like the light green as an accent, but if it is used only as an accent. Maybe try thick dark green with very thin light green on the sides.

Think about the porportion of light to dark green in the logo you made. IMO the porportion should be similiar on all aspects of the set, including the striping.

Oh yeah - I liked the darker green better. Doesn't look black to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nyj39.jpg

Here it is. I'd put the old Jets typeface in the oval, ditch the black mask and make it green. I thought it looked pretty good.

Another thing to notice is the sleeves. They looked better before Reebok made them.

Yeah, my whole point of this though is that I want the older logo ("Jets" with the jet) in the oval.

I really hate the retro-thing they've got going on. Really hate it.

Thanks...didn't take much work though...

And here's one I think you'll REALLY like:

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_05.gif

Boys and girls - that's an official Jets mark on the helmet. I didn't make that one up...

I think it looks odd with the lighter green as the center stripe. That means that their pants / jerseys would probably feature a thick light green stripe surrounded by dark green. I like the light green as an accent, but if it is used only as an accent. Maybe try thick dark green with very thin light green on the sides.

Think about the porportion of light to dark green in the logo you made. IMO the porportion should be similiar on all aspects of the set, including the striping.

Oh yeah - I liked the darker green better. Doesn't look black to me.

Taking your advice...

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_01b.gif

Nice. I'm looking forward to uni's (if you decide to try them.) Either way I think you have a good idea going.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like most everyone else here, I like the idea of putting the more modern Jets wordmark in the oval. I'm not diggin' the light green/dark green combo. The light green makes the dark -- both shades of it -- look black to me. The one less than the other, obviously, but they still look black. Maybe it's the shade of light green I don't care for. I don't know.

Thanks...didn't take much work though...

And here's one I think you'll REALLY like:

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_05.gif

Boys and girls - that's an official Jets mark on the helmet. I didn't make that one up...

laugh3.gif

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Like most everyone else here, I like the idea of putting the more modern Jets wordmark in the oval. I'm not diggin' the light green/dark green combo. The light green makes the dark -- both shades of it -- look black to me. The one less than the other, obviously, but they still look black. Maybe it's the shade of light green I don't care for. I don't know.

What if there was a white ring between the dark green and light green? Do you think that would help with the contrast issue that is making the dark green look black?

I personally don't think it looks black, but if most people do, maybe white between the two greens (for consistancy, it would need to be on the logo and stripes) would trick your eyes into evaluating both colors independantly of each other so one wouldn't have an effect on the other (i.e. make it look black.)

Also, maybe adding white to the mix (at with the logos and stripes) would make the uni set look better, because I think that the pants stripes (assuming there would be pants stripes) would look better with a break between the colors (I hate pants stripes that are color on color without a break in the middle, like the pre 2003 Eagles, current Seahawks, etc. It just makes it look like one really fat stripe.)

Like most everyone else here, I like the idea of putting the more modern Jets wordmark in the oval. I'm not diggin' the light green/dark green combo. The light green makes the dark -- both shades of it -- look black to me. The one less than the other, obviously, but they still look black.  Maybe it's the shade of light green I don't care for. I don't know.

What if there was a white ring between the dark green and light green? Do you think that would help with the contrast issue that is making the dark green look black?

I personally don't think it looks black, but if most people do, maybe white between the two greens (for consistancy, it would need to be on the logo and stripes) would trick your eyes into evaluating both colors independantly of each other so one wouldn't have an effect on the other (i.e. make it look black.)

Also, maybe adding white to the mix (at with the logos and stripes) would make the uni set look better, because I think that the pants stripes (assuming there would be pants stripes) would look better with a break between the colors (I hate pants stripes that are color on color without a break in the middle, like the pre 2003 Eagles, current Seahawks, etc. It just makes it look like one really fat stripe.)

I can see clearly from these concepts that it's a dark green. But if I were to see it in action, in photos or otherwise, i think it would be hard to distinguish it from black.

I'm not sure whether adding white to it would help. It might. It's worth a try, I suppose.

I like these but there is something nagging at me about the two greens. I love the idea of a dark and light green. However, to my eye, and on my monitor, it appears the two greens are slightly different hues, rather then just different brightnesses of the same hue, and that is where my problem comes from. It is very subtle but on my monitor the light green seems to have just a little more yellow in it. It seems to me that if the two greens differed in only lightness and/or saturation, but not the actual hue, it is a safer bet they will look good together. I am not saying it is impossible to have slightly separate hues next to eachother, but it is just not as easy to make them "go together". Does that make any sense? I am no professional and have very little art training, so I may well have no idea I am talking about but I would love to learn...

LT

I like these but there is something nagging at me about the two greens.  I love the idea of a dark and light green.  However, to my eye, and on my monitor, it appears the two greens are slightly different hues, rather then just different brightnesses of the same hue, and that is where my problem comes from.  It is very subtle but on my monitor the light green seems to have just a little more yellow in it.  It seems to me that if the two greens differed in only lightness and/or saturation, but not the actual hue, it is a safer bet they will look good together.  I am not saying it is impossible to have slightly separate hues next to eachother, but it is just not as easy to make them "go together".  Does that make any sense?  I am no professional and have very little art training, so I may well have no idea I am talking about but I would love to learn...

LT

That's true. I played around with a number of different colors, and I'm not really that happy with them either. For the record, the last couple of concepts have used 3302 C and 347 C. I agree; I should come up with two shades of Green that go together better.

Oh - and if anyone else wants to take a stab at the uniforms, go right ahead. I won't have time to do much more than I've already done...

I like these but there is something nagging at me about the two greens.  I love the idea of a dark and light green.  However, to my eye, and on my monitor, it appears the two greens are slightly different hues, rather then just different brightnesses of the same hue, and that is where my problem comes from.  It is very subtle but on my monitor the light green seems to have just a little more yellow in it.  It seems to me that if the two greens differed in only lightness and/or saturation, but not the actual hue, it is a safer bet they will look good together.  I am not saying it is impossible to have slightly separate hues next to eachother, but it is just not as easy to make them "go together".  Does that make any sense?  I am no professional and have very little art training, so I may well have no idea I am talking about but I would love to learn...

LT

That's true. I played around with a number of different colors, and I'm not really that happy with them either. For the record, the last couple of concepts have used 3302 C and 347 C. I agree; I should come up with two shades of Green that go together better.

Oh - and if anyone else wants to take a stabat uniforms, go right ahead. I won't have time to do much more than I've already done...

I really do like this light green/dark green combo. If I were to redo the Jets, I would certainly consider this idea. Another color concept I have always wanted to try for them is to add gray and a little black. Does anyone remember the Washington Federals of the old USFL? They added gray to their green/black color scheme in 1984 and I thought it looked awesome. I think it would be intereresting to see the Jets using the same scheme.

federals2uni.gif

Washington Uni

KennyRock's Jets concepts got me a-thinkin'...I like the idea of two-toned Green; maybe also combine the current retro-Jets look, with the logo used from the '70s through the '90s:

NewYorkJets_HS_Proposed_01.gif

Someone may have done something similar in the past...I'm not sure...

Love it :notworthy:

Forest green & guacamoli

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived