Boise State Court

bterreson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Hampton game is such a classic. That is one of those games where I remember exactly where I was when it happened. Boise always gets the wild upset games it seems like. Wasn't the tip circle on the free throw lines painted like a blue, white, and, orange basketball?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Rhode Island is another school that uses different stained woods instead of paint to form its logo on the court.

Ryan-Center-photo-1A-web-lg.jpg

Whatever the Rams wordmark is running away from, I would recommend everyone on the baseline do the same.

Boise's is pretty cool honestly. They've definatly got an eyecatching overall identity for their athletic programs.

And that's why my high school steals their logo!

(Except we're the Colts, and we're Red and Gold)

I've been trying to find out the logo we had for awhile...and now I know.

Rhode Island is another school that uses different stained woods instead of paint to form its logo on the court.

Ryan-Center-photo-1A-web-lg.jpg

I really like that one too. Staining is a good way to put a huge logo on your floor without "Kansas-ing" it up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

St. Olaf, the Pumpkin Viking.

ncaab_clevelandstatevikings.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww, how cute.

Here's St. Olaf, the Pickled Viking, and his center-court cousin, Basketball Head

csu.gif

I would like to a comparison between the basketball logo and the Gulf Coast Bandits :D

I saw, I came, I left.

yac12, the owl wings have been there since their current arena opened (though originally, the flying owl logo w/TEMPLE OWLS wordmark was at center, now it's just the owl head). personally i liked the uniforms they wore for a couple years, they had the owl wing on the right leg IIRC. matched the court well :grin:

edit: oh yeah, the original reason I posted...I recall the actual basketball-head viking is slightly different from the one posted...the "eyes" are white panels with black pupils and there's no mouth.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That Hampton game is such a classic. That is one of those games where I remember exactly where I was when it happened. Boise always gets the wild upset games it seems like. Wasn't the tip circle on the free throw lines painted like a blue, white, and, orange basketball?

You are right, they did have a "pinwheel" effect with royal/white/orange above the free throw line. When they show Tyus Ednsy make his shot verses Mizzou in 1996, you will see how bad that one was. The old BSU logo was the state with a bucking horse. All of their floors have sucked. Plus, I think the WAC logo helps cover up the BSU Pavilion's new name, Taco Bell Arena. As for Cleveland, I thought they were going to play at the Gund since they have a floor specifically for the MAC conference, which I thought looked nice. CSU is hosting rather than the MAC, but George Mason used to import their floor to the Capital Centre (USAir Arena). The NACit may have been modified from the WNBA's Rockers)

Speaking of "Jayhawking' a court, some of you may be too young to remember the original floor of teh NBA Charlotte Hornets. The Hornet logo was huge, but then the scoreboard crashed and ruined the floor. When their inauruial season started, the hornet logo was smaller than the tip circle.

Speaking of "Jayhawking' a court, some of you may be too young to remember the original floor of teh NBA Charlotte Hornets. The Hornet logo was huge, but then the scoreboard crashed and ruined the floor. When their inauruial season started, the hornet logo was smaller than the tip circle.

I do remember that. Sports Illustrated printed a pic of the scoreboard laying there half busted up. Scary stuff. Imagine being a player or staff and knowing that something that massive could just fall on you?

Speaking of the hornets, the honeycomb lane may be IMO the worst idea ever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

well Boise State loves to be different

Here's their football field...

new_turf.jpg

I cannot watch a game on that field, or that court for that matter. Right now as I watch arizona/uab I'm looking at the horse on the floor and not paying attention to the game. Same thing with the blue field, the whole game I stare at the field without thinking about what's going on in the game.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived