Seeking Approval

Jim Morgan

This is a logo I recently produced for the twenty fifth championship game (also called the Super Bowl) To be played in July, in Italy. The inspiration behind the logo is movies like Blade and XXX as it is the silver anniversary game. I also had to produce flat colour versions as they will be marking it out on the field.

I've been doing the Bowl logo's and game posters for the Italian Football League (free of charge cos I just enjoy it!) for a couple of years now and, though people like my work, no one talks about it. So I came here cos I think it's an interesting subject.

Maybe if I learned to speak Italian it would help.

--

1XXVLOGOONWHITEJMORGAN.jpg

I wanted to do something along the lines of the Superbowl XXX logo (though I hated that colour scheme!) as everything I've done so far has been with some slight 3d perspective. (most of the logos i've done for the italian federation so far are below) The problem with this one was that the type (XXV) isnt symmetrical so I had to add the elements behind to even it out. Maybe I shouldve done something a little less like those on the XXX logo though!

The inspiration from the movies is more in the visual language of those films. The serifs on the type are supposed to resemble ornamental silver blades.

--

logossofar.jpg

It kinda reminds me of the SB 30 logo...

NFL-SB_2352.gif

It's really pretty cool. I'm not sure what parts were inspired by Blade, though. :D

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Overall, I like the logo, Jim and you're right: It does (and would've) look better with those colors.

Archived