Golden State Recolorization

patsox

I happen to think that the Warriors' colors are great. The logo on the other hand...

GoldenStateWarriors_FC_2005.jpg

Anyway, the current color set does have significance...I still have the article from 1997 when the Warriors unveiled the current logo and colors, and here's their explanation for each of the "Warriors Battle Colors":

Midnight Blue:

"The Warriors midnight blue represents the purity, loyalty and success of ancient and mythological Warriors."

Golden Gate Orange:

"The Warriors orange is representative of the most valuable jewel in the Bay Area's rich treasure chest of recognizable landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge."

California Yellow:

"The Warriors yellow characterizes the most colorful state in the union from the bright Californian sun to the California state flower, the poppy."

Sky Blue:

"This softer blue is symbolic of the clear skies over northern California and its inhabitants."

Can ya tell a cheezy marketing-type wrote this crap?

California Yellow:

"The Warriors yellow characterizes the most colorful state in the union from the bright Californian sub to the California state flower, the poppy."

Ah yes the bright Californian sub... always wondered where the beatles got a hold of the yellow submarine... apparently they bought it cheap at a naval yard sale... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

California Yellow:

"The Warriors yellow characterizes the most colorful state in the union from the bright Californian sub to the California state flower, the poppy."

Ah yes the bright Californian sub... always wondered where the beatles got a hold of the yellow submarine... apparently they bought it cheap at a naval yard sale... :D

...and as you'll notice, I caught that typo and corrected it...

:P

I'm not feeling the re-color. I don't like any of the current Golden State identity. The way to go is just slightly modernizing the old California on a basketball with the star denoting the Bay Area, with the Western-style typeface. For one of the charter teams of the NBA, there's no need to get so intricate and symbolic with the color scheme. Royal blue with gold would suffice.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived