ECHL Long Beach Logo

therocheapproach

Wow, there's a great opening shot. Only thing I'm not feeling is the LB mark, it's somewhat illegible. What about turning the stick around to form the L?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, there's a great opening shot. Only thing I'm not feeling is the LB mark, it's somewhat illegible. What about turning the stick around to form the L?

I think it's supposed to be an I and a D with a hockey stick in between

Wow, there's a great opening shot.  Only thing I'm not feeling is the LB mark, it's somewhat illegible.  What about turning the stick around to form the L?

I think it's supposed to be an I and a D with a hockey stick in between

Both would make sense, I suppose (LB for Long Beach, ID for Ice Dogs), but that confusion there should illustrate the problem.

POTD 2013-08-22

Welcome!

Looks real good. Great way to introduce yourself.

I really like the LB/ID logo... I think it can work for both, which makes it good, although I agree it could be slightly more obviously an L (maybe move it slightly away from the D/B.

Is the Dog supposed to be wearing a hockey helmet? Because it looks kinda like a toque or something... that's the only real graphical element that doesn't agree with me.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

:notworthy: Very nice - I still love the dog collar with spikes as part of the logo - your LB with the stick is nice. Great work, I really like it!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot to clarify that the hat on the dogs head is a navy style ski cap. Serving to represent the cold weather K-9 and as a tribute to the dock workers of Long Beach's famous International shipping port.

Ahh, I see... perhaps try to find a way to work that in, maybe a few highlights of vertical ridges along the hat's weave?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I was thinking it was giving it more of an urban flair, which fit the dog's image. I might leave the "Long Beach" off of it when putting it on the jersey, but I dig it.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived