Concept: Binghamton Bearcats redesign

Bearcats

A bit. I'm just not sure what critiques to give you. I've played around with that Nike designer, and it's kinda fun, but it's pretty limited in terms of templates, etc. It lets you pick a template, then colour by numbers, as it were.

It's not about expensive programs or whatnot--many cool ideas have been expressed here using Microsoft Paint, built into Windows. (Hell, Against All Odds comes up with some crazy stuff using it.) It's all about putting some of yourself into it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

"Bighamton" is in a block style font, while "Bearcats" is rounded. Why not the same?

You seemed to address the inconsistancies with the number fonts between the home and aways, but left alone the inconsistancy with the names.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

niketeam.com

Pick sport on far right.

And I'm with Mockba, who didn't mean to insult your effort I'm sure.

That site/uni creator is pretty cool........and wickedly programmed to be sure. But it offers like 6 templates and 6 fonts and 12 colors and conceptually it offers very little freedom to start a thread and say "Hey, look what I thought up".

Which is not to say you didnt work hard or that it doesnt look nice. It only means it doesn't leave much to reply about. There is precious little critique to give. the colors are the same as they were. Hundreds of college and high school teams use these same templates.

Anyway, looks nice. Good job and don't be discouraged. Welcome aboard.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Well, if nothing else, it's a pretty decent classic look with block letters and numbers, with decent striping along the sides and the shorts.

Trust me dude, it's not about equipment, it's about having good ideas and expressing them (which is good, because I have the programs and the ideas, but no artistic skills whatsoever :P).

philly.png

"Bighamton" is in a block style font, while "Bearcats" is rounded. Why not the same?

You seemed to address the inconsistancies with the number fonts between the home and aways, but left alone the inconsistancy with the names.

Oops I meant for them to bein the same font. Which one do you think works better?

buffalo_sig.png

niketeam.com

Pick sport on far right.

And I'm with Mockba, who didn't mean to insult your effort I'm sure.

That site/uni creator is pretty cool........and wickedly programmed to be sure.  But it offers like 6 templates and 6 fonts and 12 colors and conceptually it offers very little freedom to start a thread and say "Hey, look what I thought up".

Which is not to say you didnt work hard or that it doesnt look nice.  It only means it doesn't leave much to reply about.  There is precious little critique to give.  the colors are the same as they were.  Hundreds of college and high school teams use these same templates.

Anyway, looks nice. Good job and don't be discouraged.  Welcome aboard.

I see your point and you do make a good one, but until I have the time, skills, and money, this is the best I can do.

It is convenient for me. I wouldn't have been able to make anything comparable to this in MS Paint. I know it isn't creative to some of you guys but, I tried my best and put a lot of hard work into these.

Thanks for the replies so far. More C&C please. I know they are kind of plain, but I hope they are a little less boring than their current ones.

buffalo_sig.png

Oops I meant for them to bein the same font. Which one do you think works better?

Doesn't really matter. Neither is really specific to a team called the "Bearcats." Personally, I'd use either a custom font or search for a meaner looking one.

Even if you have Microsoft Office, you can copy / paste your Nike concept into something like Excel, and use wordart to make a wordmark for the jersey and slap it on there. Then printscreen (usually works better than copy / paste out of Office) and paste in either Paint or IrfanView (both free) and save as gif or png.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Doesn't really matter. Neither is really specific to a team called the "Bearcats." Personally, I'd use either a custom font or search for a meaner looking one.

Even if you have Microsoft Office, you can copy / paste your Nike concept into something like Excel, and use wordart to make a wordmark for the jersey and slap it on there. Then printscreen (usually works better than copy / paste out of Office) and paste in either Paint or IrfanView (both free) and save as gif or png.

OK thanks. Maybe I'll look for a claw type font.

buffalo_sig.png

Archived