Nba-baseball cross-over set

epper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neat idea, epp.  Here's some comments:

Atlanta: I think the third jersey would work better as a pullover-style.  Even though these are tacky looking in comparison to the button-down style, if there's going to be a design on the center of it, you almost have to make it a pullover.

Denver:  I'd be interested to see no gray Nuggets baseball uniform at all, and go with a powder blue road uniform.  It's appropriate for them now.  I don't really know what color a third could be if you took this approach.  Yellow?  No way.

Dallas:  The editing of the logos is what impressed me the most about these.  I know everyone loves their new identity, but the M with the hat logo just seemed better to me when it came to the Mavs.  Oh well.  That comment also really doesn't have much to do with your uniform efforts, which I think were real nice.

Chicago:  The road or the alternate might look interesting with the "Chicago" script that was on Jordan's rookie year jerseys.  Other than that, no real complaints.  A letter "B" with the bull horns coming from each end of it might make a more interesting cap logo, though.

Cleveland:  The Cavaliers were begging for an update.  As a bonus, their update also translates fairly well into a basketball uniform.  Not as drastically as with the Hawks, but the third/alternate you proposed might also work better for the Cavaliers as a pullover.

Boston:  I might have tried a plain green "B" inside of the shamrock for the cap logo.  Green pinstripes certainly looked unique.  The only time I've ever seen them before was on a St. Patrick's Day Phillies spring training uniform.  If we saw the backs of these, I would think these would work with no name on the back, given the parallels between the Celtics and the NY Yankees, tradition-wise.

Lastly, keep 'em coming.  Everything so far has been of nice quality and shown some imagination.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

like has been said, crossovers have existed long before shark started crankin em out (hell, i even did one before said time period)...that said, i like most of em but also dislike a few.  i will not say which cus i am loco.

:P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

VD Mike, as for the sleeveless jerseys, im trying to limit the amount of those in the set, and i think there are a few upcoming teams where that style would be more appropriate. As for the blue Denver aways, i have to disagree with you. i thought the coloured away jerseys of the '70s were a disaster. :;):

I have updated the Nuggets jerseys with the new Hat logo, and a few changes with striping. Also 2 more were added:

Detroit Pistons: not really too much to say here. Plain NBA jerseys transfer to plain baseball jerseys. Had fun on the logo editing again.

Golden State Warriors: one of my favourite NBA logo/colour schemes.

Comments and suggestions please! :)

Nice work with the Pistons- difficult to see it going wrong I guess! Personally I dont like the whole warriors look myself. Just my opinion! Too busy! But you did a good job transferring it to a Baseball look!

IMO the nuggs alternate logo is the best for the caps in this project cos 1 baseball caps tend to have lettering rather than just a plain logo and 2 as much as it sucks as a logo, here is a good practical use for it!!!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

epper:

It's okay to agree to disagree on the powder blue.  It's probably being from the Philadelphia area that has me partial to the powder blue.  The switch to the "official" DN on the caps is negligible at best.  It was good before, and it's still good in version 2.0.

Moving on to the Detroit and Golden State concepts:

Detroit: I might have put the number underneath the arched lettering on the home and road uniforms.  I also like reserving the logo Pistons script for the blue third.

Golden State: I would have done everything in my power to de-emphasize the power ranger logo, and it's not like it's prominently featured in your concept, so good job there.  Some sort of interlocking "GSW" might have been neat to look at as either a cap logo or a sleeve patch too.  Thing is, none of that's really in their logo repetoire, so I can understand why it isn't here.

What I'm really interested in seeing is if a certain team that moved from Minneapolis is going to look like the '79 Pirates in their home set ... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

2 more up for your enjoyment:

Houston Rockets: wow, the NBA jerseys are just so dang ugly i didnt know where to start. i really need some opinions on this one because i really dont like them

Indiana Pacers: really classy NBA jersesy tranferred quite well to baseball. Only thing was that the edited 'P' logo turned out to look more like a tennis ball than a baseball.....oh well :P

i now consider you equal x-over talent to anyone on thsi board

Does that mean SHB is gonna be sulking again!!!!

But these are high quality x-overs! top notch designing! the Rockets looked fine, and I guess the Pacers almost designed themselves!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hey awesome work. Now we have something to go to when SHB is either not making concepts or has decided to be difficult with the rest of us like he is now (but o'well).

Just one question though, where do you get your logos and such from?

Thanks, and great work.

sig09.jpg

i now consider you equal x-over talent to anyone on thsi board

Does that mean SHB is gonna be sulking again!!!!

it doesnt mean anything about SHB, but im just saying epper is doing a fantastic job with these, they are equal or better than ANYONE else's x-overs :o

absolutley agree! But SHB does seem to be a bit sensitive right now!  Producing x-overs of this standard deserves praise however!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived