Nba-baseball cross-over set

epper

I'm doing my best to be Switzerland when it comes to a certain poster.  Just know this: it's entirely possible to give praise to epper's concepts without taking digs at other concept contributors.  And that is what I intend to do here.

Houston:  As good of a translation of an ugly uniform to baseball as one could reasonably hope for.  The Astros should seriously consider using your Rockets logo edited for baseball.  It would make their uniforms closer to futuristic and less like the Old West.  Also, by using normally spaced pinstripes as opposed to the silly fat stripes on the Rockets' basketball uniforms, your concept improves.  Lastly, seeing pinstripes on something other than white or gray reminds me of either a) the old Starter baseball shirts that Kriss Kross used to rock or B) Japanese baseball uniforms.  Okay, so half the stuff in here wasn't completely germaine to Rockets baseball, but if Roger Clemens ever owns a minor league team, he should find you and steal this look.  The basketball team will have long since dumped it by then anyway.

Indiana:  Don't fret so much about the baseball inside the P looking like a tennis ball.  The first incarnation of the Pacer P had that going for it too.

logo1.jpg

The only thing I would do is consider making the roads yellow with blue pinstripes, and the alternates blue with yellow pinstripes.  The sleeveless pinstriped third with the pinstriped yellow T underneath strikes me as unnecessarily busy.  And going Phillies-style by putting the number on the sleeve on the home whites is a nice touch too.

Your prolific rate of cranking out these crossovers is really something to marvel.  So is your alphabetical knowledge of NBA cities ... keep 'em coming!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, on your Nuggets alternates, go all out and do it all (jersey AND pants) in powder blue! It'll be really retro, you know you wanna...

:D

All kidding aside, great work, especially Detroit and Golden State. Love the reverse pinstripes on Houston's alternate jersey, too :)

QPR%20Sig.png

The Los Angeles Update:

Clippers: kinda cool logo they have fit perfectly as a baseball cap logo. i grabbed the script for the away jersey off the LA dodgers (from thesle.com). i know its not the same font as 'Clippers', but i think it works.

Lakers: originally i had planned to make the alt jersey purple, but when i finished it, i said "c'mon epper. this is the lakers. it needs more yellow!!" and voila.

comments welcome!

VandyDelphia Mike, i really appreciate your in-depth analysis. it gets me thinkin!

If the NBA ever organises a summer baseball league for its players they won't have to spend ages designing jerseys at least! These are all truly great pieces of work! The yellow Lakers alt is just perfect! All these are inspired pieces of work!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

You keep making 'em epper, I'll keep having something to say.  Seems to work well that way...

Clippers: The extent to which this franchise made it easy for you is amazing.  The cap logo, the sleeve logo, the wordmarks ... everything was so basic that the uniform basically made itself.  Just because something's easy, though, doesn't always mean it's executed well.  Fortunately, that's not the case with these.

Lakers:  Though I don't oppose the cap you used ... it's interesting that you didn't go with the secondary logo that the Lakers seem to be trying to force upon the masses.  It may have caused some issues to edit to a baseball, though.

B00009YP4B.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA231_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The purple and gold give them a real LSU Tiger feel to them.  I always figured Shaq blossomed as a Laker because it was a return to his college colors.  There's my non-uniform related comment for this post.

facebook

Beeyooties. The Rockets' pinstripes work much better on a baseball jersey than on their basketball pyjamas. Same with the Pacers. The LA teams are both very well done, and I'm especially impressed with the logo edits your doing. Well done.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Let sleeping dogs lie when it comes to the comparitives to talent.  

But these are great, and it really shows the difference in the points of emphasis in these particular sports's uniforms.  Case in point, the clippers have in my opinion the worst set of uniforms in basketball, but i think the best set when converted to baseball.  I dont even like the clippers, but id buy one of those unis if i had some extra money around.

[stands on soapbox]

Now i havent seen any ill comments made from our resident crossover miestro, but lets keep in mind that all genius has its tall orders and short comings.  I think this board has plenty of room for the likes of all designers, whether they produce unbelievable professional stuff like nitroseed or sterling, crossovers like epps and shark, or out there stuff like discrim, we can all take something from it, and that makes all of us designers better for it.  ok ill shut up, but i had to say something, some people seem to be quick to hogpile.

i'm back! with two new crossovers:

Memphis Grizzlies: this one turned out to be one of my favourites of the set so far. i just really like their set of logos! although its gotta be one huge baseball to fit the grizzly paw like it does  :;):

Miami Heat: nothin really to say here. nifty 'MH' hat logo i found on thesle.com works really well IMO.

The Grizzlies translate extremely well into a baseball jersey, but you gotta get rid of the teal on the home/alternate script somehow ;)

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for the Bucks :)

QPR%20Sig.png

The Heat's xover brings up a couple of points.

IMO, the thickness of the numbers should be similar to that of the letters. Having said that, the numbers would probably need to be enlarged proportionally to keep them looking half decent.

Otherwise, the great work continues. Also, personally, I like the teal on the Grizzlies. It's still a part of them officially, and although it may or may not be on its way out, I say, keep it in the xover.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think they are all great so far. A few comments: I think the alternate of the Lakers (even though i despise the team) would look great in purple. The Houston away jersey does NOT (I repeat does NOT) need pinstripes. Take those off, and you have a solid jersey. Just my $.02, take it as you will.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

epper:

Time for me to throw in my 2¢ regarding the Memphis and Miami concepts.

Memphis:  It would have been interesting if you could have incorporated the neck trim from the Vancouver-era Grizzlies jerseys, and used it as a sleeve trim on this set.  It would have made them stand out even more than the use of teal, which doesn't bother me as long as it's still a Grizzlies color. It is, even if it's been seriously cut back on since the move to Memphis.  Other than that, I liked the use of the G logo on the caps.  I might have considered using their copperish brown on the alternate hat.  The Grizzlies design is one that I never really liked, and seeing it in baseball form isn't all that spectacular either.

Miami:  The "MH" logo you use could be alternated with the edited Heat logo for a cap logo.  I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the third jersey either.  Is it a black vest with a black undershirt?  Why not just have a black jersey?  Or maybe a red undershirt like with the home set?  The numbers could stand to be a little wider ... that is the same size up and down, but thicker from left to right.  Is this nitpicking?  Slightly, but with the previous teams, you have to admit that you've set the bar high for yourself.

Still better than anything I can whip up ...

facebook

• 4 weeks later...

I'M BACK!

After a long delay, i'm back with 2 more concepts on my way to finishing this set. with theSLE going down, i took a break, but now with Chris' site back up, with many more logos, im back at it.

Bucks: i like the way the edited hat logo turned out, with the diamond and such. the purple is a little too purpley, but you get the picture

Timberwolves: the hats are my favourite part of this set, and i think the tree-trim works well on these baseball jerseys as well

Epper:

I was beginning to wonder what had become of this little project.  Good to see it continuing!  On to comments:

Milwaukee: hey - it isn't your fault that they have such an ugly color scheme (purple and green??  what were they thinking!?!?!?!?)  Very clever of you to create the baseball field shape with the antler and ball logo.  I could give a slight criticism of not employing any initials on the cap, but there's a very subtle M if you think about it, if you allow the first and third base lines of the cap logo to be the inside angles of the M.  Okay, it's a stretch, but it's better than a non-existent M.  I would have preferred the alternate baseball jersey be green, with the wordmark in white outlined in silver, and minimal purple trim around the bottom of the sleeves and down the pant leg.  Nice work otherwise.

Minnesota:  The tree trim is unique, and I am glad you brought it over to the baseball concept.  They are the TIMBERwolves, though, and maybe somehow finding some way to incorporate a bat (bats = wood = timber) could have been a possibility.  I might have given them sleeves on the home, instead of a blue undershirt, to make the logo stand out more on the sleeve.  The T-Wolves were even nice enough to give you a "MT" cap logo - it's on their shorts.  You might have had more logo fun if we had gone with the initial Minnesota logo, but hey, no reason to go there if it's not necessary.  I don't even care that it doesn't say "MINNESOTA" on the roads.  It's start drifting into Twins territory if it did anyhow.

Oh, is there any chance that Houston will be revamped, given their logo change?

facebook

yep im definetely gonna re-do the rockets uniforms with the new logo, but until the new uniforms and logo are "officially" released, i'll wait. I also plan on doing the Bobcats

just curious epper, when through with this set do you plan to crank out NBA hockey x-overs? now those would be interesting.

also, when an NBA baseball challenge is issued during "Iron Crossover", feel free to enter any one of these entries should these teams come up as challenges

Archived