International League Logos

CC97

Hello all,

I have just completed and added the International League of Baseball to the site, 73 logos for now.

If you know some of the dates that are omitted, please let me know here.

International League Logos

Excellent work!!!!

BTW, any Bisons logo with the B and the swooping baseball should be "2004-Present".

I have an old school Bisons logo from the old American Association if you want it. The 1990-1997 one.

Hi Chris:

I can fill you in on some info for the SWB Red Barons.

The current logo (with the airplane) came into use in 1997. From 1989 to 1996, they used a logo that had a giant baseball flying through the team name. (I'll try to get an image to you soon if you don't have one.)

Cap logos changed the same year. That's when they started wearing the blue with white trim on red. (Although the caps aren't really red -- they are close to the maroon that the Phillies had in the '80s and early '90s. More on that later.)

I don't ever recall seeing the red with white trim on blue for a cap. However, I only go to home games. If I have a chance at work, I'll look at some old tape of a road game from last year to see.

From 1989 to 1996, the Barons wore a different cap (a much nicer one, in my opinion). The caps were a dark blue crown with a Phillies-maroon bill and button, with an all-white SWB logo.

Batting helmets back then were solid blue with a white SWB. Today, batting helmets are solid red (bright red) with an all-white SWB.

The wordmark has always been the same as you have it, but again it was at the beginning Phillies-maroon and not bright red. However, I have never seen it used anywhere except on the uniforms. They seem to use the primary logo a lot.

Sometimes the airplane alone is used as a secondary logo.

Skimming through my collection of Red Barons programs and scorecards, I notice there is also a rarely-used secondary logo, sort of a heraldic crest. It's has a white SWB inside concentric (from the outside) blue-red-blue-white-blue circles; gold laurels on the sides; a gold crown on top; and a red banner with "RED BARONS" at the bottom.

There was also the logo for the 1995 Triple-A All-Star Game that was played in Moosic. I can't seem to find my program from that, but I'll keep looking. (The only versions I have now are on a little souvenir pin, and a souvenir soda cup, and I don't think they'll scan well.)

Well, Opening Night is tomorrow night against Norfolk. If you can't get to the ballpark, you can watch it exclusively on WNEP-TV 16.

(Sorry. Had to get a plug in for my employer. :D)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived