MLB Opening Day Uni Thread

gbasalmon

Does anyone else think that the Rockies' unis from yesterday are WAY too similar to the White Sox home sleveless alts? Maybe it's just because I'm a Sox fan, but...
i was sayin that about the Rocks' old alts (the sleeved version of these). only difference is the logo and the pinstripe color. that's it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else think that the Rockies' unis from yesterday are WAY too similar to the White Sox home sleveless alts? Maybe it's just because I'm a Sox fan, but...

Colordao:

DXF10504042200.jpeg

Chicago:

QuGdWnVe.jpg

Hell, take the cap and the script away and its the same uniform <_<

This is the first year in their existance that I didn't pray that the Rockies would soon come to their senses and change their identity, aside from the name.  Don't know why, but I like the uniforms they wore today, for some reason.  Even though I've, in the past, i've hated their logos and unis.  I guess they grew on me.

There's a link to a gallery with some pics.  Not sure if the link will work, though.

Rockies/Padres gallery

As a huge Padres fan, it pains me to say that I cannot stand the away jersey. The giant "D" right in the middle just looks completely out of place. The home, alt, and bp jerseys I love. They just need to tinker with the away a little bit.

Yeah, the only thing I hate about the Padres redesign is that the used the San Diego tourist bureau wordmark for the road jerseys. They should have got something that matched the home wordmark.

This? Or is there another SD tourism bureau I'm not aware of?

mast04.jpg

I'm not sure which bureau it was, but the current Padres road wordmark was used in several TV commercials for the city.

VmWIn6B.png

Colordao:

DXF10504042200.jpeg

Chicago:

QuGdWnVe.jpg

I thought I'd say that too but I figured, I'll just read the rest of the thread

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The rockies need their own identity bad! Those alts are pretty identitcal to the White Sox.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I thought that teams had to have a standard color undershirt? While watching the Boston - New York opener, I noticed that David Wells was wearing a grey shirt under his jersey, while fellow teammates all had red undershirts. Maybe it isn't an official rule at all?

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

I thought that teams had to have a standard color undershirt? While watching the Boston - New York opener, I noticed that David Wells was wearing a grey shirt under his jersey, while fellow teammates all had red undershirts. Maybe it isn't an official rule at all?

If the under shirt sleefes go past the jersey sleeves they have to be the same color.

Colordao:

DXF10504042200.jpeg

Chicago:

QuGdWnVe.jpg

Wow, they are practically duplicates. One major difference though: The Sox vest's are fake. I believe they only wore authentic sleeveless vests one year.

LT

I did a quick photoshop touch-up on the Rockies new undershirts. They look less like the Sox, but, more like the D-Backs.

cr.jpg

Wow, looks sweet! Nice work!

I rather see the all-purple one, that's the nicest uni ever!!!!

Thought the Nationals road caps were going to be blue with a red W and white outline... pics I've seen look blue and white only, but I suppose there's a red outline there.  Don't know how I missed it with all of the Nationals threads we had here.
Those helmets sure don't look like they have any red around the W...

In one photo in this gallery you can see the red outline on the 5150 caps. However, a closer view of the batting helmet photo seems to confirm that there isn't a red outline.

April 4, 2005: Nationals 4 @ Phillies 8

Thanks... got the new road caps confused with the old ones with piping. And you can definitely see the red outline on that side view of Livan. Figured it was there, just hard to tell.

You're right, though, the jury's still out on the helmets. I think it needs the red. The white even looks a bit out of place since it isn't used anywhere else in the uni.

Colordao:

DXF10504042200.jpeg

Chicago:

QuGdWnVe.jpg

Very similar. The Rockies are like the Sox' evil twins.

P0061623.jpg

here is an image of the Rockies black alt with purple undershirt

Great detective work!

(btw, it's been on my site for over a week... pass it on -- thanks vic :P)

COL_4044.gif

:blink: Umm, I sure hope they'll look better in action "live" at the ballpark...

(I do like the all Purple cap)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

A couple of thoughts about the Rockies' uniforms:

1. That purple and black combo has got to go. It is awful. Purple should be the Rockies' main color (as in "for purple mountain majesty ...") and if they want to use black, use it as a secondary color.

2. The Rockies desperately need a new font. When ROCKIES is spelled out on the chest, it often looks like ROOKIES. I'd like to see someone in here come up with some kind of design with a totally different font, and then send it in to the Rockies office.

1. That purple and black combo has got to go. It is awful. Purple should be the Rockies' main color (as in "for purple mountain majesty ...") and if they want to use black, use it as a secondary color.

Absolutely correct, well -- the part about how purple should be the Rockies primary color. Most will disagree... but then, they're the same ones that go and criticize just about everyother team for wearing dark blue and/or red.

Though I think the black, purple and silver combination should be kept. Though the pinstripes should be dropped, and the purple and black switched. Though I've started to think that those helmets are actually pretty nice looking (it took about 13 years for me to like 'em). The lettering they use has grown on me, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived