MLB Opening Day Uni Thread

gbasalmon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Braves wore the red alternates for the first time today and I'm undecided on them probably because I can't tell whether the numbers and wordmark are in black or navy blue. I'm not sure I like the white lettering either if it were darker I would like it better.

Also the Rockies brought out the alternates again today this time with purple sleeves.

What if you took the Rockies black and dropped it in favor of a forest green? For those of you from Denver and the Front Range who have been to Coors Field, think of the green that's in the seats at Coors.

Just a thought that might make the Rockies look less like the White Sox' evil twin.

Is it just me or are the White Sox incorporating like a moss green into the scheme now?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Also the Rockies brought out the alternates again today this time with purple sleeves.

FXPB10304102255.jpeg

On another note... anybody ever heard of them referred to as the Rox?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

the Nats overall have a solid uniform package.

True. The road grays are the best in the majors, being gray without looking dull/dingy.

I came to that conclusion Friday. Liked them very much, more then their home uni. I even prefer the blue cap to the red. The W on the caps seems out of place though.

1997 | 2003

FXPB10304102255.jpeg

Can we get anymore hokier-little league than those Rockies unis??? talk about an identity crisis!

FXPB10304102255.jpeg

Can we get anymore hokier-little league than those Rockies unis??? talk about an identity crisis!

well I was at the game today, and given that the Rockies pretty much played like a little league team today, its fitting that they be dressed like one :D

They looked like a Turn Ahead the Clock uniform

Just what I was thinking... they made the TATC promotion into a prophecy. No puke smiley here... I like it when teams switch it up. The Rockies can get away with this -- although the black sleeves make the striping on the shoulders look a bit odd. I say why not?

Oh, and the White Sox have been using green in a lot of their stuff (web, pocket schedules, etc.) since last year.

What if you took the Rockies black and dropped it in favor of a forest green? For those of you from Denver and the Front Range who have been to Coors Field, think of the green that's in the seats at Coors.

They sort of have that. The Coors Field logo is green, purple and black, and a couple years ago the staff at Coors Field wore purple and green jackets. Doesn't look bad at all...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In talking about the captain's "C" on Jason Varitek's Bosox jersey, does anyone know who started the trend? I beleive it all started with the Blue & White aka the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1947 when they placed a "C" on Teeder Kennedy's sweater to indicate that he was "the Captain." Now it's mandatory in hockey and has also gravitated to other sports. Ah, yes, another innovation that is now common from the beloved Maple Leafs. Some others are the first four-sided scoreboard, first glass around the rink and the first team tp paint the ice white.

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada::grin::flagcanada::grin::flagcanada:

Archived