Washington Nationals mascot idea

Roger Clemente

Maybe it will go down during the 7th inning stretch.

This is from the website:

"Come out to welcome the team's new mascot in a pre-game birthday bash."

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will probably be an eagle however I think it should be a gnat. It goes perfect with the city and when a new owner comes in and changes the name to Senators they can keep the same mascot because after all a politician is just many blood sucking insects.

I hope everyone is joking about using a mosquito as a mascot.

It would be like using a soda can for the montreal canadians if their short form was can's not hab's.

just because a gnat(pronounced nat) works with the 3 letters doesnt make it an enduring mascot.

gnat(http://www.answers.com/gnat&r=67) - "Any of various small, biting, two-winged flies, such as a punkie or black fly."

Personally I would be embarrased for all playing or involved in the franchise if they did infact use an insect mascot with a name like Nationals. Unless you think a small annoying insect represents the country and/or its capital city.

Personally I would be embarrased for all playing or involved in the franchise if they did infact use an insect mascot with a name like Nationals. Unless you think a small annoying insect represents the country and/or its capital city.

Dude, it's a MASCOT. A big, foam, cartoonish insect head is shameful, but a big, foam, cartoonish bird head isn't? Give me a break.

In the case of mascots, originality is key. There are already tons of bird mascots, and it is unrealistic to expect that Screech the eagle can ever match up to a certain chicken, or a few others.

Do you think everyone associated with the Phillies' organization goes home and night and cries into their pillow because of this guy:

040922_phanatic.jpg

Please...

I hope everyone is joking about using a mosquito as a mascot.

It would be like using a soda can for the montreal canadians if their short form was can's not hab's.

just because a gnat(pronounced nat) works with the 3 letters doesnt make it an enduring mascot.

gnat(http://www.answers.com/gnat&r=67) - "Any of various small, biting, two-winged flies, such as a punkie or black fly."

Granted, this is Minor League Baseball, but it goes with your opinion a bit...

The Lowell Spinners are a short season single-A baseball team in Lowell, Mass., an affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. The logo consists of a spindle of thread (or yarn) wrapped around a bat, a not to the textile industry that shaped the history of the city.

What is Lowell's mascot? An alligator. Specifically, the Canaligatory, representing the history of the canals through the city of Lowell.

People (specifically kids) like the mascot. What does an alligator have to do with the textile industry? Nothing. It's really quite lame if you think about it. But marketers go to what they think is less offensive, and mostly what kids like.

Wouldn't a loom or a textile seamstress make a more apporpriate mascot for a team named after them? Yes. A canaligator has nothing to do with the team, but it goes to whatever they think will be loved the most.

I think a gnat would be very approriate for a team called the "Nationals". But I'm not marketing the team. They went with the emotional tie, the eagle.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived