yankees uniforms

joenov

I have noticed that the yankees do not have the majestic logo on their sleeves. I know that awhile back that there was a flap between them and adidas (who signed i think an agreement to equip them) and mlb. Who actually makes their jerseys?

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

I think Majestic does, but they just dont have the logo cause they want to be traditional or something.

exactly. The Yankees don't want to mess with their uniforms at all. The most they will do is year a anniversary/event patch.

Don't even get me started, it has always infuriated me that the Yankees are above having a friggin brand name on their jersey. You don't see the Red Wings or Packers without the CCM/Reebok logos. If the league has a contract then no team should be above it, regardless of tradition. Either take the logo off every jersey in the league or put it on the Yanks'.

If they can stick a gaudy 100th anniversary logo on the side of their cap for a full year, then I think they could live with a subtle navy M.

....and remember that RICOH logo on their batting helmets and sleeves in Japan? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

The coolest part is that the Majestic authentic home jersey has the M on it:

pMLB2-1826252dt.jpg

The authentics you can buy still have it, the only ones that do not are the ones that the players actually wear on the field. And I also hate how the Yankees think they are above everything. Like last year the had to wear the home jerseys in the Japan games becasue the pinstripes were more recognizable. If I were the D-Rays, I woulda told them to shove it and wear the road grays.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I was wondering about sleeve logos on Yankee jerseys recently. I have a set I bought at the Clubhouse store during the 2002 season and both have the Russel logo on them. I never checked to see if the game worn ones fromt he same year had the logo or not.

Archived