Yankees/Sox Game 3

CaolinaJoe

This whole Ronan Tynan thing in the 7th has got to go.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

There are a number of teams in the league that complain about the excessive delay in the middle of the 7th at Yankee Stadium. Aside from holidays, is there any other team besides the Yankees that plays "God Bless America" at every home game?

And what the hell is Tynan a doctor of? Ear wiggling?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There are a number of teams in the league that complain about the excessive delay in the middle of the 7th at Yankee Stadium. Aside from holidays, is there any other team besides the Yankees that plays "God Bless America" at every home game?

And what the hell is Tynan a doctor of? Ear wiggling?

I'm sure he's a Dr. of some musical background. If i'm not mistaken isn't he one of the Broadway Tenor dudes.

Aside from that I hate the way he sings the song, his voice, his bald head, and his ears.

semperfi.gif

I'd like to (once again) mention that Yankees pitcher Mike Mussina complained (and blamed his poor performance on it) about a 8 minute ceremony prior to a Jays/Yankees game to honour our cancer riddled broadcaster but has no problem with that huge 7th inning delay at Yankee Stadium.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

WOW, I have a new found respect for Dr. Tynan.

From Wikipedia:

Ronan Tynan (born 1960) is a popular tenor, singing in the classical Irish style. He is most famous for his renditions of God Bless America performed at Yankee Stadium during many baseball games. He is also known for participating in the 1984 Olympics.

Ronan Tynan, until recently, was a member of the world famous Irish Tenors. He left to pursue his own solo career in May of 2004. Although his singing career has been very very successful, his personal life story is perhaps even more inspirational.

Born with lower limb disabilities, Ronan had to have both legs amputated at the age of 20 due to complications caused by a car accident. Within weeks of the accident, Ronan was climbing stairs at his college dormitory on artificial legs. Within a year, Ronan was winning in the international disabled olympics. Between 1981 and 1984, Ronan amassed eighteen gold medals and fourteen world records.

In the following years, he became the first disabled person ever admitted to the National College of Physical Education, and then a full-fledged Medical Doctor, specializing in Orthopedic Sports Injuries, with a degree from prestigious Trinity College.

Encouraged to study voice by his father, Dr. Tynan won a series of prestigious voice competition awards and joined the Irish Tenors.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Tynan"

semperfi.gif

Wow, thta was awesome. I think we all know now that Rivera can't pitch against the Sox, he just keeps blowing saves eh? 3 games into the season his stats 1-1 2 blown saves and 1 2/3 innings. When's the last time a closer has been taken out of a game? I'm sure it happens ofton but I don't see it too ofton. Then all the Yankee fans boo him, this is funny.

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking GOD BLESS AMERICA has become a welcomed tradition in YANKEE Stadium. Nobody sings the song better than TYNIAN! Case Closed.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I'd like to (once again) mention that Yankees pitcher Mike Mussina complained (and blamed his poor performance on it) about a 8 minute ceremony prior to a Jays/Yankees game to honour our cancer riddled broadcaster but has no problem with that huge 7th inning delay at Yankee Stadium.

How can someone complain about a pre-game cerrmony? Considering that someone usually throws out the first pitch and the anthem(s) gets sung before every game and stuff like that.

Not at all like having a huge break in the middle of a game.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Archived