Orange Marlins Visors Tonight VS Braves

robbman21

I was watching the Braves/Marlins match-up on TBS earlier and noticed the vast majority of the crowd was wearing orange visors,which obviously looked like a special promotion for tonight's game.What made them stand out was that the visors were ORANGE with the black and silver Marlins' script across the front and on each side of the bill was a wide black stripe outlined by silver similar to the NFL sideline hats from a couple of years ago.While watching the game I thought for sure that I would come here and see a thread about it already so I'm surprised that I'm bringing it up.I'm only doing so because obviously orange is not in their scheme(YET) and because a couple of months back we had a thread and even a few concepts on the addition of orange to the Marlins uniforms.

98Falcons.png

Actually...technically orange is sort of part of their scheme, but you'd have to look REALLY hard to find it. Check out the seams of the baseball... The whole point of that though, was just to make everyone stand out. We all know the Marlins need to bring back more teal into their uniforms and ditch the almost all black look.

FLA_1020.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think its kinda been used as a color for them when a fourth color or a third instead of silver was needed. I've always kind of thought of it being in their color scheme, but similar to the yellow for the cardinals or the red of the yankees, rarely if ever used. Pretty much only as a fashion alternate or on signage and things.

Here's a pic of the visor in question:

ph_visor_200x169.jpg

I think its kinda been used as a color for them when a fourth color or a third instead of silver was needed. I've always kind of thought of it being in their color scheme, but similar to the yellow for the cardinals or the red of the yankees, rarely if ever used. Pretty much only as a fashion alternate or on signage and things.

Here's a pic of the visor in question:

ph_visor_200x169.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. I was thinking, "Do they want to blend in with the stadium seats, because there's a lot of em empty" :P

But I guess it would be kinda funky to see a teal alt with orange trim, or vice versa.

Yeah, that's the one. I was thinking, "Do they want to blend in with the stadium seats, because there's a lot of em empty" :P

But I guess it would be kinda funky to see a teal alt with orange trim, or vice versa.

They should have thrown in an orange t-shirt, that would really make the stadium look empty. I can just see it now a stadium that looks empty, but the announced attendance is 35 000.

I saw, I came, I left.

We all know the Marlins need to bring back more teal into their uniforms and ditch the almost all black look.

Whoops.. you misspoke. What you meant was;

We all know that all sports teams should ditch wimpy feminine 80's colors like teal.

There you go. Glad to help.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

We all know the Marlins need to bring back more teal into their uniforms and ditch the almost all black look.

Whoops.. you misspoke. What you meant was;

We all know that all sports teams should ditch wimpy feminine 80's colors like teal.

There you go. Glad to help.

Teal is "feminine"? Um.... no.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

maybe the marlins should try using the Dolphins colors once in a blue moon. after all the two fish share one ballpark, they should share the colors.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

I stand by my assessment that teal is not only stinky and moldy leftover garbage from the 80's, but is also very effeminant. Almost as much so as pink and purple. Sure, the right tone of it can be pulled off if nessesary, but why? I'd like to see the marlins go to orange and silver with black trim. Get rid of teal. Its ugly.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Before 2003, the Marlins introduced a new alternate logo that had a big orange sun behind the regular logo shown above. Can't seem to find it anywhere, but it was introduced along with the 10th Anniversary logo. Thankfully, I never saw it used much... it was a bit bright.

Archived