Padres Question

stlramsfan

there are no jerseys for the 1864 yankees or red sox, considering the first team was the 1869 cincinnati red stockings (professional team). i know there were amature teams before the reds, but i do not known what they were called, so i might even be wrong.

i personally like the military jersey, it drives anti-military liberals nuts.

nothing wrong with paying homage to the military unless of course one would hate the military.

^_^

now for the communists amonst us, whats wrong with marketing and making money? if a team sells an alternate jersey, lots of people buy them, and the club profits; whats wrong with that?

i guess we can break out our 1864 new york yankees or Boston redsox jerseys, play in an 1860's era ball park, charge nothing, pay the players nothing because they simply love playing the game of baseballand would play for free because they love the game so much and give everyone free hotdogs, free drinks and free jerseys produce nothing, market nothing, make no money and leave the dollar at the door. after all, who wants to market the team, and make money? its the owners who are evil and they simply don't have the right to come up with innovations for profit and revenue, after all that might be what a capitalist might do.

Im as pro military as any one on this board and a right winger to boot. I think the Padres camouflage jerseys are a complete and total eye sore.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived