Texas Rangers Concept

Audiodrama

Tried to use a blend of the old and new...I darkened the blue quite a bit, and slightly tweaked the red. Any and all feedback welcomed.

Home: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...ers_home_01.gif

Away: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...ers_away_01.gif

Alternate Home: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...lternate_01.gif

Alternate Away: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...lternate_02.gif

All in all, I like it a lot, but I think I'd get rid of the away alt and use the T logo on the hat -- maybe use the T in front of the star? Just to see what it looks like, anyway.

It would look something like this:

rangers_alt_logo.gif

I'm personally not crazy about it.

overall i like the update to the rangers, i don't understand why the tex-rags don't use navy. everyso often they keep recycling the same concept with the same colors. they never can make up there mind if they want blue hats or red hats.

now this concept addresses that and gives them a nice make over incorporating the old with the new.

some issues with the concept.

1. the home and away hats - im not sure if the star works as a full time hat logo, the "T" really should be used full time. on the alternates, the T infront of the star works maybe T-star on the home alternate and the lone star on the away alternate.

2. Away jersey - the away alternate makes a nice away jersey.

3. alternates - i wouldn't mind seeing a red jersey incorporated as an alternate.

Home alt - blue T-Star hat with red jersey and away alt - blue lone star hat with red jersey used on the home alt.

out side that this is a fine concept, and the tex-rags really should consider incorporating navy as a primary color.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

All in all, I like it a lot, but I think I'd get rid of the away alt and use the T logo on the hat -- maybe use the T in front of the star? Just to see what it looks like, anyway.

you just described how the Astros came up with their H-star logo...originally they only had an orange H on their hats...a little later, they switched to a hat with a star. That wasn't doin it either, so they decided to combine the two logos into one, the familiar H over the star.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The concepts look nice, however only the "red shoes Rangers" won division titles. Today, only the new look Angles are primary red; when TEX was successful all other AL teams were not red. Too much navy for me. Plus, the old logo when they moved to the then-ballpark in Arlington was way too busy. While it still is on the aisle of each row, the diamond with the "T" and the circle name/pinstripes was too much.

I love the return of the early 90s script for the home and alternate home unis. That's a keeper. I also love the return of the 94-01 alternate for the sleeves. However, everything's really inconsistant. I'd like to see a road version of the cursive script, but using that, you run into the problem that the Nats are facing with the cap not matching the wordmark at all. But, probably the best way to go would be to use the cursive home script, try to create a road one or just keep what you have, then use the 94-01 alt as the primary, placing that on the sleeves, and on the chest for the road alternate.

VmWIn6B.png

Wow alot of feedback, thanks to everyone who replied. I'm gonna try and incorporate some of your thoughts and ideas and I'm going to post new versions in this thread as soon as I can get them done. Thanks again! (More comments/criticisms are still surely welcomed here!)

i really like the designs of all of these, but i do have a few suggestions.

i agree that the star cap is nice, but should be used only with the alternate jerseys.

also, these colors are too "Indians" or "Twins." personally, i LOVE the color scheme that rangers use now with the royal blue as primary and red as secondary. i would love to see this same jersey set with emphasis on those colors.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived