Raiders unifroms

BavarianMW

I'm tired of people saying so-and-so's uniform needs to change because they haven't changed in so long. In some cases it is warranted (cough*ARIZONACARDINALS*cough) but to me the Raiders still look great.

I do think they could use black facemasks, but that's it.

Before everyone starts clamoring for a team to change, look at what hell hath been wrought by recent changes: Bengals, Bills, Seahawks. :shocked:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Bavarian ,I don't think so, Never, ever change the uniforms of the Raiders, they are uniforms you just don't change at all.

Raiders

Steelers

Packers

Giants

Jets

Vikings

Browns

Bears

Chiefs

Redskins

Colts

Cowboys

I happen to think the Raiders are fine. BUT, if I were to get the gig (HA!) I would love to tweak them ever so............

Its not that some teams are untouchable and some aren't. Every team you listed has changed something (added, subtracted, or reverted) about their uniforms within the last 10 years.

In some cases it was subtle (Green Bays 5 to 3 stripes or the Vikes purple adjustment on the helmets) but it happens.

What should be an absolute, is that when messing with these looks, you treat them like a fine art restoration expert would treat a painting....delicately cleaning, refining without destroying the inherent equity they possess.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Oh I don't even know.......I'm just saying.

These teams............they are the ones you'd HATE to see messed up. ANd if they HAD to be changed you'd just love to be the guy in charge of doing so......so that it would be done respectfully.

I'd keep the colors as is.....maybe teensy weensy updates in the logo.......as far as line weight or fonts or something.

Experiment with different silvers......maybe .

I dunno. Nothing drastic. Picture the new Mustang if you will.......ya know? Where you look at it and are like......."oh yeah......Mustang." Evolution. Once an identity like theirs is set.......only logical evolution, in fashion, fabrics, engineering and equipment, should drive their brand growth.

I keep meaning to put together MY version of the NFL or NHL or what have you......but time is my enemy.

EDIT** Just went and checked out their logo on Chris' page. Yeah....yeah, there's room there for an AZ Cards-type logo update. Or a better comparison would be the Wisconsin Badgers logo update which was exquisitely done. Moving from a pen and ink-style sketch, to a more uniform, stylized look. VERY subtle.

Didn't Al Davis design the Raiders logo? If he did I think we can all guess how receptive he and Raider Nation would be to a change.

Fair enough. And as I originally stated......they DO NOT need one.

I'm just saying.....somebody hires you to do it.....you could do it classy like.

Barely noticeable.

Archived