Braves wearing new alts today

sj32

It sure looks like the blue used in those jerseys was darker than the ones used by Chris'.

Or maybe it's one of those pantone things, who knows.

I've got to get one of those hats. I love the tomahawk A logo. I know I already have the BP hat, but I'm a big fan of the 5950's too. Once you break them in, they're comfy as sin. Wearing my Cubs' home 5950 as we speak.

I'll take your word for it on the 5950 hat. I just bought a Biscuits alt hat today, and I am wearing it right now.

That uni is disgusting. Everything from the bright red, to the awful navy lettering, to the white piping is pure awful.

The hat makes a perfect alt though.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I'm not the biggest lover of dark colored baseball unis (exhibit A: Red Sox tomato soup can jerseys) but these aren't too bad, though I can't say I like the hat too much - maybe it's the white outline of everything that makes me cringe. Also, the unis make me think of the old satin red unis the Boston Braves wore sometime in the 40's. I've seen that jersey in the Hall of Fame many times. Don't know how often they actually wore them.

One thing that I don't like is the Mets semi-recent addiction to adding black to everything. What was wrong with the beautiful blue hats and grey unis with the old Giant's "New York" across the chest?!? With all of that black and red on the field, it didn't have the feel of a Major League game.

Was that the Giants' New York script? I thought it was their own, and the NY Giants script just looked like the regular home script, but saying "New York."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived