MLB jerseys

EagleFan344

The thing that irritates me about the Reds replicas is that they make the home replicas with black sleeves and the road replicas with red sleeves. The Reds thankfully no longer wear the black sleeves at home, and they have NEVER worn the red sleeves on the road.

Does anyone know why they make this OBVIOUS mistake?

The thing that irritates me about the Reds replicas is that they make the home replicas with black sleeves and the road replicas with red sleeves. The Reds thankfully no longer wear the black sleeves at home, and they have NEVER worn the red sleeves on the road.

Does anyone know why they make this OBVIOUS mistake?

no i dont but here is a hot tip. even though the reds home and away havent changed, mlb.com has them on sale for about 70 bucks (they are russell, not majestic, but there is no difference in the jerseys besides the manufacturer). they dont have the undershirts, but the reds shop at great american ballpark has the undershirts for about 30 bucks a piece. i know they definitely have the red. thats how im gonna do it. i just bought last years alternate (authentic) for 80 at mlb.com

Yes, that is how the Phillies authentics are.

Tackle Twill or Chainstitched?

Chainstitched. Go to a sporting goods store some time and take a look. The difference is pretty apparant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, I've noticed that when the Phillies switched from Russel to Majestic a couple years ago, there were some subtle changes in the jersey that may have gone overlooked.

1. The amount of white around the "Phillies" script increased. The most notable spot is between the first "i" and "l". It gives the script more of a patch (or logo) look on the road and bp jersey, as opposed to a written script look.

2. The sleeve trim on the road and bp (prior to the new bp's in 03) changed. The trim was and still is white-red-white, however on the russel jerseys, it was a band sewn around the end of the sleeve, while on the Majestic jerseys, it is actually elastic that is attached to the end of the sleeve, so it almost looks like it is below, as opposed to the Russel, where the trim was on top.

Not sure if similiar tweeks were made to other teams when Majestic took over, but I thought I'd point this out. I'm a freaking loser.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sure this is obvious, but the difference between replica and authentic is even easier to notice if you have one personalized.

I have a Twins majestic alt. home replica with #11 and Jones on the back (it was the only one in the store at the time) and it's got really generic lettering. It also is missing any patches.

But for my purposes, the jersey works just fine.

I have a Majestic replica throwback of the 1984 Twins road jerseys, the baby blues. Those are easy to tell from authentics -- as has been documented on this board several times -- because of the felt embroidery. My wife, being pretty damn great, found an eBay seller that had the throwback replicas personalized with the the authentic lettering. So even though it's a replica, it sure feels like its the real deal.

I'm sure this is obvious, but the difference between replica and authentic is even easier to notice if you have one personalized.

Depending on where you get it personalized. You can buy a blank replica and take it to a shop that will do authentic lettering.

Archived