Colorado Rockies Concept

MonkeyWrench32

Oh you're right. I forgot those. So there IS quite an argument for teal and purple being 90s trendy colors. Also, I was at the thrift store a few weeks ago looking for amusing t-shirts, and you can tell these were all first bought around the mid 90s. Never seen so much teal and purple. I was drowning in teal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh you're right. I forgot those. So there IS quite an argument for teal and purple being 90s trendy colors. Also, I was at the thrift store a few weeks ago looking for amusing t-shirts, and you can tell these were all first bought around the mid 90s. Never seen so much teal and purple. I was drowning in teal.

Yeah... there is an argument, I guess. But to say the Rockies chose purple to follow the trend in which they were among the starters of isn't true -- especially when the color has a tie to the name, and the logo.

IUe6Hvh.png

Here's my take

roxmain.JPG

roxhome.JPG

roxrd.JPG

roxalt.JPG

I think I would prefer this if the brown were replaced with black. In other words, replace the silver in the Rockies' current scheme with the tan. I'd like to see how that worked.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

... You named 4 teams for purple

And wasn't the Kings change in 1995? The Bucks in 1994? Jazz in 1997? I don't know how accurate these dates are, they're the years each 'revamp' or whatever is listed as on Chris' site, but they might've had purple in their schemes before this.

the Jazz were already wearing purple when they overhauled, so they don't count.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And wasn't the Kings change in 1995?  The Bucks in 1994?  Jazz in 1997?  I don't know how accurate these dates are, they're the years each 'revamp' or whatever is listed as on Chris' site, but they might've had purple in their schemes before this.

Yeah, I didn't think about that, though. But they also don't count towards the 'trend of purple' point, either. :P^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

And wasn't the Kings change in 1995?  The Bucks in 1994?  Jazz in 1997?  I don't know how accurate these dates are, they're the years each 'revamp' or whatever is listed as on Chris' site, but they might've had purple in their schemes before this.

But those were just because they were held over from N.O. Nobody said they HAD to wear purple in the new scheme.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But those were just because they were held over from N.O. Nobody said they HAD to wear purple in the new scheme.

How exactly is that following a trend if a team chooses to carry over one or more of it's colors into their new design? Face it, man -- you have no argument.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived