is boston wearing their "gold" alternates today?

bipolarbear

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first post! I was at the game yesterday and the players DID wear the gold trim jereseys for the entire game... the ring ceremony flowed right into the pre-game ceremony and right to the game within minutes... the players never changed unis... in fact, Wakefield headed stright to the bullpen to warm up right after he got his ring... hope this clears up any confusion!

Boston.com has a slide show with photos from the game...it shows Wake, during the game, in uni with no gold trim on it. Bizarre (excuse me...Bizah')

How the fluff can you tell??? :blink: I can hardly tell myself!!! lol These jerseys were a really gimmicky idea IMO

Look who threw out the first pitch

capt.bxf10904112033.yankees_red_sox_bxf109.jpg

Lovely.

Four guys (counting the partially obscured Bill Russell and Richard Seymour) who all beat St. Louis teams to win championships throwing out the first pitch for another team that beat St. Louis to win a championship.

I really hope you're proud of yourself for making a grown man cry. :down:

I was at the game yesterday and the players DID wear the gold trim jereseys for the entire game... the players never changed unis...

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Gold-trimmed jerseys were not worn during the game.

To the best of my knowledge, the switch to the normal jerseys was made during the introduction of the Red Sox old-timers and the raising of the World Series Championship banner. Given that the old-timers entered the field of play in the outfield and that the raising of the banner took place out there as well, attention was drawn away from the current Red Sox roster which was preparing to be introduced along with 2005 Yankees prior to the game.

Lovely.

Four guys (counting the partially obscured Bill Russell and Richard Seymour) who all beat St. Louis teams to win championships throwing out the first pitch for another team that beat St. Louis to win a championship.

I really hope you're proud of yourself for making a grown man cry. :down:

Although St. Louis did beat Boston once: :D

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19571958.html

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh man, they're not gonna wear those patches all year, are they? I didn't like when the Marlins did it.

They should. What's wrong with showing a little pride?

Just be glad the Sox didn't do a "World Champions"-type uniform like teams back in the day did...

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Gold-trimmed jerseys were not worn during the game.

To the best of my knowledge, the switch to the normal jerseys was made during the introduction of the Red Sox old-timers and the raising of the World Series Championship banner. Given that the old-timers entered the field of play in the outfield and that the raising of the banner took place out there as well, attention was drawn away from the current Red Sox roster which was preparing to be introduced along with 2005 Yankees prior to the game.

Obviously, I am wrong on the gold uniforms, but no way did they make the switch when the banner was being raised because the active players were on the field out there with the old timers. They must have made the switch as the Yankees were being introduced before the game. They would have had about 10 minutes in the dugout/clubhouse to make the switch.

It looks like the Sox are back to their regular uniforms (no patch on the sleeve), so things are back to "normal". So that makes for four home uniforms, the pregame opening day uni, the opening day uni, the alt, and their normal one. Apparently the pregame uni's will be on sale for a limited time..oooohhh..

Archived