Phillies concept

mac

that navy number looks extremely out of place on the primary unis, what with no other navy on it. then again, you could say the same thing about the Dodgers' red number but that one would look funny in blue.

oh yeah, I can answer a difference-there's no shoulder stripe, and also no thick pant stripe. then you take into account the piping on the roads.

I like the thought, but not the color scheme, the navy blends with the maroon too much on the alt and looks out of place on the regular set. powder blue might be the meatball this needs to smack one yard here.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the maroon. I love the old "P" logo. I'd lose the number on the front. I would like to see block-style numbers on the back instead of the rounded ones they use now. It'd be kind of a contrast to the softness of the "P" shape. That would be cool.

mainescarf.png

Hey disco boy, welcome to the late '70s. All kidding aside, I like the idea, but you've got to do something with the numbers. How about the rounded style from the '70s in maroon with a navy outline spaced with white, like San Diego football. Also what color are the back numbers? Also navy? :blink:

I think Yankeeman hit it right on the head here.

It's funny, one of my first concepts was playing with the Phillies design. I am such a sucker for the powder blue/maroon motif. When they wore them last season I was the happiest guy in the alcohol rehab.

Also what color are the back numbers? Also navy?

The back numbers would be all maroon at home and then maroon with white outline on the road. On the alternate the numbers would be navy blue. I couldn't do the backs because I couldn't find a back template, Is there one around?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

that navy number looks extremely out of place on the primary unis, what with no other navy on it. then again, you could say the same thing about the Dodgers' red number but that one would look funny in blue.

I was going for that look, like the dodgers have or the astros do it also.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Sorry, but I am not feeling this at all.

The navy on maroon defeats the purpose of numbers in the first place (identification).

And the style of numbers they had with this set in the '70s and '80s was unique and fit the set. The style you used is more run-of-the-mill and adds nothing to the overall design.

I grew up with the maroon unis, but didn't shed a tear when they ditched 'em in the early '90s.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think Yankeeman hit it right on the head here.

It's funny, one of my first concepts was playing with the Phillies design. I am such a sucker for the powder blue/maroon motif. When they wore them last season I was the happiest guy in the alcohol rehab.

Ah yes....the ol' powder blues! A relic from a long forgotten era - the '80s. The captain of my softball team was actually kicking that idea around for our unis this year. Unfortunately, we couldn't find powder blue pants in a timely manner.

Archived