'boys hosting super bowl in 2001?

Magus

nflerror.png

on a side note, why must the super bowl continuously be held in Texas, Georgia, Louisiana and Florida. i much rather see the super bowl held in wisconson, new york and chicago.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Niiice. :lol:

I think they keep playing in Texas, Georgia, Louisiana and Florida for a few reasons ? dome/high capacity stadiums (Superdome, Texas Stadium, Georgia Dome) or new stadiums (Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Houston in recent years) being the prime ones.

That, and the warm weather. But if the Grey Cup has taught us anything up here, it's that football can be far more interesting in the snow and cold. :flagcanada:

But I do recall one of Buffalo's four straight losses in the early ?90s was in Minnesota, and it's Detroit in ?06.

i say move it around.... stuff the cold, people will want to go and see the event so the players will have to put up with coldness

Where were you when the media had a nervous breakdown because it was like 55 in Jacksonville?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I think that it should be in a warm climate or dome, not for the fans or anything, but I'd hate to see a battle of two great teams turned into a "who gets lucky in the snow" thing where you don't get the great plays and a technical game. I love snow games every now and then, but not for a championship.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That last time it was in Atlanta (Rams/Titans), there was a combination of snow and ice. Basically, the downtown area was shut down. Granted, nothern cities have teh capacity to deal with it, tourists don't want to deal with it.Remember, if there is cold weather, there is a greater chance of airports closing or reducing flights. The Monday following a Super Bowl is that airport's busiest day. Lastly, the NFL loves San Diego and I am not suprised that Tags has not dangled the carrot for them to pass their ballot as well.

That last time it was in Atlanta (Rams/Titans), there was a combination of snow and ice. Basically, the downtown area was shut down. Granted, nothern cities have teh capacity to deal with it, tourists don't want to deal with it.Remember, if there is cold weather, there is a greater chance of airports closing or reducing flights. The Monday following a Super Bowl is that airport's busiest day. Lastly, the NFL loves San Diego and I am not suprised that Tags has not dangled the carrot for them to pass their ballot as well.

The NFL was reportedly VERY upset with the condition of Qualcomm when they were setting up for SB36, so I wouldn't expect them to return there any time soon.

oakqb4.jpg

I think that it should be in a warm climate or dome, not for the fans or anything, but I'd hate to see a battle of two great teams turned into a "who gets lucky in the snow" thing where you don't get the great plays and a technical game. I love snow games every now and then, but not for a championship.

Why is it okay for the playoffs but not for the title game?

The only reason why the NFL goes strictly with domes and southern outdoor venues is because the large corporations who support the league and its television partners don't want to send their executives and clients to a stadium where they'll run the risk of sitting outside for hours in the cold. My guess is that it will only take one or two more rainy outdoor Super Bowls before we see the NFL go to a strict policy of awarding the games only to domes or retractable roof venues.

In recent weeks I have formulated an opinion that the NFL should build a football-only stadium in the city of Los Angeles which would become the permanent Super Bowl venue. Rather than rotate the game between 10 if the NFL's 32 cities, as they presently do (with cities such as Miami and New Orleans in fairly heavy rotation), simply place the game permanently in LA. In essence this will remove the financial imbalance that is created by certain teams' participation in hosting Super Bowls and might also satisfy those interests in LA that desire an NFL team.

In recent weeks I have formulated an opinion that the NFL should build a football-only stadium in the city of Los Angeles which would become the permanent Super Bowl venue. Rather than rotate the game between 10 if the NFL's 32 cities, as they presently do (with cities such as Miami and New Orleans in fairly heavy rotation), simply place the game permanently in LA. In essence this will remove the financial imbalance that is created by certain teams' participation in hosting Super Bowls and might also satisfy those interests in LA that desire an NFL team.

So what does it do the other 364 days of the year? Or is it like those portable basketball hoops you can just break down and put in the garage?

In recent weeks I have formulated an opinion that the NFL should build a football-only stadium in the city of Los Angeles which would become the permanent Super Bowl venue.Β  Rather than rotate the game between 10 if the NFL's 32 cities, as they presently do (with cities such as Miami and New Orleans in fairly heavy rotation), simply place the game permanently in LA.Β  In essence this will remove the financial imbalance that is created by certain teams' participation in hosting Super Bowls and might also satisfy those interests in LA that desire an NFL team.

So what does it do the other 364 days of the year? Or is it like those portable basketball hoops you can just break down and put in the garage?

I'm sure they could some takers for a stadium like that. Maybe concerts, probably Major League Soccer ? either Chivas USA or the L.A. Galaxy could use it, considering they share the Home Depot Center in Carson right now.

I like the idea of cold weather Superbowls. They must have had NFL championship games in bad weather in the pre Superbowl era! Not every year, but every once in a while it would make it more interesting. Why is a snow bound field any less fair than a hard bumpy field baked by the sun? The game is the game, whatever conditions its played in.

I don't think the fans would complain at a cold weather game, as its the Superbowl. I rather fancy its the sponsors and media who would baulk at it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think the fans would complain at a cold weather game, as its the Superbowl. I rather fancy its the sponsors and media who would baulk at it.

Yeah, but who matters more?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

In recent weeks I have formulated an opinion that the NFL should build a football-only stadium in the city of Los Angeles which would become the permanent Super Bowl venue.Β  Rather than rotate the game between 10 if the NFL's 32 cities, as they presently do (with cities such as Miami and New Orleans in fairly heavy rotation), simply place the game permanently in LA.Β  In essence this will remove the financial imbalance that is created by certain teams' participation in hosting Super Bowls and might also satisfy those interests in LA that desire an NFL team.

Well, during the football season I would think the league should allow it to be used for various other football purposes - hosting pee wee, Pop Warner, high school, and flag football leagues. It would dovetail nicely with their Football USA program. Since most of those organizations are non profit, part of the stadium costs could probably be written off as charitable donations or some other type of tax vehicle. In the spring and summer months it could be used for spring and summer football leagues and perhaps the league might even move the combine there (although they're probably thinking a weatherproof dome might best take away from weather assisted or hampered times in the 40). The key would be to make the stadium 100% football-only. No soccer, no concerts, no tractor pulls.

Yeah, but who matters more?

Exactly.

I don't suppose entertaining guests is as fun in Detroit in January/February as it is at the same time of year in the South. At the end of the day, thats what mattes. And the press are gonna be more than happyy writing stories about how bad the conditions are when they are sat there freezing cold, thinking of there beach side relaxation in San Diego that they might otherwise be enjoying.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If Canada can do it, so can the US.

No they don't. Matter of fact, Canada's been much more geographically biased. Every single Grey Cup match has been played in Southern Canada.

:D:D:D

Archived