New Orleans Fleet Concept

AAO

Here's something im still working on. I'm not done with the logos, but i'm happy with the uniforms. I had more ideas for the tertiaries which i'll work on later. i'd appreciate some comments/critique. I know the ships have to be revisited, but i dont know what exactly to do:

NewOrleansFleetLogos.gif

NewOrleansFleetUniforms.gif

Is the boat supposed to have sinister eyes? It may not be intentional, but that was the first thing I saw when I looked at it, especially since the bottom of the middle boat is shaped like a bandit's mask or a knight's mask.

Also, I think it could work better if the "LEE" of "FLEET" were on line with the bottom of the "F" and "T", and the "New Orleans" was placed in the space above.

I like the tertiary a lot.

I like the uni's a lot.

Overall, a great effort.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

so Odds has illustrator back...I like the logos, but not the uniforms. mainly, I'm not too fond of the side striping. as far as the logos, the middle boat could stand to be slightly bigger but it's good.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i really like the tertiary mark, kind reminds me of a music note (ie. signifying NO's basketball past)...did you do that on purpose??

The first thing I saw was kind of a compass effect, but now that you mention it I see the note resemblance too. That's neat, even if unintentional.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good start again. Once more an impressive wordmark unlike your usual pattern. I like that tertiary.

On the wordmark though, where the E meets the T, there is a tiny flaw and it looks somewhat unintentional. I think you need to extend the top line of the E right to connect flush with the T.

The white space in the center ship and the wake really jumps out at you, and as someone stated before, kind of looks like a guy and a mustache, so you may want to revisit that.

I think instead of using that monster outline with all those points and such, you should incorporate the gold into the logos much more because as a whole they look pretty dark. Theres not enough contrast, and you have to squint to see whats going on inside that green silhouette.

I think the box around FLEET might be a little too substantial as well. It kind of dwarfs the word, taking away some of its prominence and power.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Has a lot of potential. The logos look way too dark to me. And as others have said, the boats need some cleaning up. Also, the tan outline seems a little too thick and try incorporating it into the boats more. Maybe make them look more wooden.

buffalo_sig.png

I'm not a big fan of the primary and secondary logos or the "Fleet" name. However, I really dig the color scheme, and the uniforms look truly awesome! The numbers on the jerseys really stand out. And I think that side striping is pretty sleek.

If you were to convert this to gray-scale it wouldn't show up well at all I don't think. A lighter gray might give it more pop.

I, too, see eyes when looking at the logo. I dunno, just looks odd.

The New Orleans text looks completely seperate from the rest of the logo and like it's a last minute add on. It needs to be attached to the rest of the logo, inside the thick gold outline. I'd put it in the black space right below FLEET.

And if you want to get nit picky, the banners on top of the lead ship are massive. They're as wide as the sail.

The tertiary is nice, even though the first thing that came to mind was the Cavs secondary and tertiary.

But in terms of artwork, top notch.

I will begin by saying that I would never call anyone's concept "bad". That's just harsh. This piece was very, very well sculpted. AAO, you do fantastic work across the board, and I love looking at your pieces.

But I do have to say that the whole "Fleet" thing isn't working for me. I saw someone earlier mention that Fleel didn't make sense for New Orleans. I kinda have to agree. If you ever decide to revisit this, I would advise trying an identity that fits the town a little more. (this is why I feel the Utah Jazz should be disbanded and renamed the Polygamous Mormons! I wonder if someone wants to tackle that jersey concept)

Anyway, that's my opinion, I may be wrong. And again, the look of the piece itself is PHAT! If this team played in Norfolk, Richmond, or San Diego, I am sold.

This is really, really nice.

I think it's too good for the NBA, even. But I do think it'd be a bit nicer if you had say, a lighter colour in there somewhere. It just seems too dark to me.

But the work is good, no doubt.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived