U of Tennessee's new secondary logos...

FeenVol

Tennessee has revealed their new secondary logos. Absent is the use of the Davy Crocket logo because he was carrying a gun! Come on! I think they are well executed, but personally I don't like them. The one at the bottom left with the dog and text is alright but I am not crazy about them. Oh well at least they aren't messing with the Power T. By the way, not too many UT fans are happy with these, and I really wish they would find a way to not use black on anything (well except for the color of Smokey) as our school colors are ORANGE AND WHITE!

http://utsports.collegesports.com/genrel/041305aad.html

smokeytennvols.gif

Phoenix Design Works was the primary design firm, creating a catalog of marks that includes? a complete alphabet utilizing the Tennessee font, ?

So they're going to recreate Berthold City Bold Italic? Innovative.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

smokeytennvols.gif
Phoenix Design Works was the primary design firm, creating a catalog of marks that includes? a complete alphabet utilizing the Tennessee font, ?

Hmmm, where have I seenthat font before? Oh, that's right, every other mark Phoenix has done. I like to call that font Phoexix Font #2. Phoenix Font #1 is the font used on Troy, Arkansas, etc. I heard they were looking at getting a third font in there offices soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

smokeytennvols.gif

Hmmm, where have I seenthat font before? Oh, that's right, every other mark Phoenix has done. I like to call that font Phoexix Font #2. Phoenix Font #1 is the font used on Troy, Arkansas, etc. I heard they were looking at getting a third font in there offices soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The font definitely leaves something to be desired, but as a Tennessee fan, I'm glad to see them incorporating Smokey into the logo set. I like this better than the Z-Line hat representation of Smokey (which for some reason always makes me think of Oliver Hardy).

1_640.jpg

and I really wish they would find a way to not use black on anything (well except for the color of Smokey) as our school colors are ORANGE AND WHITE!

Well you're about to add about six more colors to your identity.

here's a link to the sound I associate with these new marks...

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/gssfx/usa/tpirhorns.wav

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Let me update my post after reading some of the responses on the Volquest message board...there has not been a positive response to the logos. I have to say I agree with them. Just stick with the Power T and get on with it...and Phoenix design must let one person do their designs and he loves their one font.

Well, anywhere else this would've been recieved with a huge welcome and ovation. But unfortunately, this is the deep south, and this is Tenesseee and apparently anything w/o Davey Crockett won't do. It's kinda dissapointing, a Davey Crockett logo, if done correctly, would've been kick ass...

And with that being said, I freaking love these logos anywyas. I've also been looking forward to an updated Smokey, and this is very nice.

This dog makes perfect sense. I mean, when I think of volunteer, I think of dogs and not some guy with a musket. Just like when I think of the Browns, I think of a dog too. ****Sarcasm mode off**** I hate when nicknames or alterantive nicknames make their way into the logos and unis. Stick with what your team name is. What's next? Is Duke's basketball team going to have logos of mental patients because of the Cameron Crazies?

KISSwall09.jpg

I really do not see how Phoenix gets such high profile clients. I do not think the solutions, creativity, or variety are that great, and their website is pretty bad. If you aim to be "the best design firm in the world," you should probably start with an attractive, efficient, and well-designed way to advertise yourself.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

smokeytennvols.gif

ark.jpgtroyhelmetlogo.png

Dang, you've got a point there.

and I really wish they would find a way to not use black on anything (well except for the color of Smokey) as our school colors are ORANGE AND WHITE!

Well you're about to add about six more colors to your identity.

here's a link to the sound I associate with these new marks...

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/gssfx/usa/tpirhorns.wav

I can easily see your point there.

Archived