New York Giants

xxvnyg80

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are teams going to have different things under the collar now of their jerseys? Like are the Bucs going to have their word mark on one jersey and the TB on the other? I'm blaming this all on the Bengals from going from the trend of the wordmark under the collar to putting that stupid B there. The Giants one doesn't look bad though. I think it's just another way of selling a jersey without a redesign.

KISSwall09.jpg

i talked with pantone about this before . there is going to be a new set of gray road pants basically a different stripe detail . also they will go with red socks on the road. remove the blue outline around the red numbers replace the giants wordmark with the ny logo under the color (same as the home jersey). and i believe a different stripe detail on the jersey ( i think it's a red stripe). the new wordmark will not be on the uniforms. i also believe that what you see on the website is probably just for the site and not the new wordmark but we will have to ask pantone for all the particulars.

All of those changes sound good to me.

Eventhough i grew up with the "GIANTS" logo winning Super Bowls, i never liked it, and seeing it pass does not make me shed a tear.

However, as always, Eagles Suck.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm pretty much torn between old and new wordmarks...but at least the uniform changes are minor. (BTW, the sample jersey is that of new Giant WR Plaxico Burress.)

However, I hadn't seen anything about the uni tweaks on the Giants site until a thread on its BB...the "before" sample jersey in that thread is Eli's.

Again, I like that the tweaks are not large-scale. Good call.

[447]

So what IS the latest with the Giants? Are the road unis going to be like the 94 throwbacks? I may be in the minority, preferring the current white jerseys to the blue or red ones.

When is the unveiling planned, insiders? And when will we see plans for the new Giants Stadium? (though it's off topic)

I don't like the NY there any more than I like the Bengals have the B. That spot should be for wordmarks only. It is a great way for teams to incorporate their wordmarks into their identity. The Benglas started what I fear is gonna be a very slippery slope.

The new road jerseys will be even more "old-school".

And by that, I mean BAD.

I'm going to take a wild guess here...

NY below the collar, red block numbers, nothing much else on the jersey except red numbers on the shoulder, grey pants with a solid blue stripe, and red socks???

Wordmarks are IMO so minute that it doesnt make me think about it during a game. However, I think wordmarks are good for teams, and they look around and see how everyone has the same wordmark on their chest. So whatever identifys a team the most works.

Also is Plax really wearing number 17?

I really do not like wide outs wearing teen numbers. This is one major thing that has always seperated pro and college rules, the professionalism of seeing positions in the same number group.

signature.gif

I think the TB might work if it was where the NFL shield was. I got an idea....why not have a big patch on their lower back like the Pro Bowl Unis....sarcasm mode off.

KISSwall09.jpg

I really do not like wide outs wearing teen numbers. This is one major thing that has always seperated pro and college rules, the professionalism of seeing positions in the same number group.

Agreed. This is lame. What's to say someone like Maurice Clarett doesn't declare himself a receiver, take 13 and then play RB?

KISSwall09.jpg

Wordmarks are IMO so minute that it doesnt make me think about it during a game. However, I think wordmarks are good for teams, and they look around and see how everyone has the same wordmark on their chest. So whatever identifys a team the most works.

Also is Plax really wearing number 17?

think about it a little...you usually have 5-6 wideouts and 2-3 tight ends on a given team. they used to have a range of 10 numbers to choose from. that's 10 numbers for 9 guys. the modified number rule was coming...though I wish they'd let 0 and 00 be worn again, 0 and 00 guys are cool B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived