New orleans breakers

Moser316

NewOrleansHome.gifNewOrleansAway.gif

Well, here's the second uniform in my quest to give the USFL a more modern look (if I decide to do a USFL-themed league for the new Madden).  I've incorporated a few design elements that are going to be controversial, but I think fit well with the team's logo/colors.  First, the striping pattern on the pants.  Basically, it's a continuation of the helmet logo on another part of the uniform.  Next, the Bronco-esque jersey stitching.  In keeping with the wave, this pattern seems to fit the jersey best.  I've also used a couple gradients here, but gradients are basically a reference to what the sky looks like if you're looking from underwater (sort of like the Devil Rays original gradient).  Some less controversial design elements include the new logo colors (eliminating silver in favor of a dark blue) and the helmet color (off-white with flecked metallic finish).  Comments?

Next:  Birmingham Stallions or Chicago Blitz

QPR%20Sig.png

well I for one approve! A sharp modern image, well done. I am most in favour of the home jersey! Something I can't put my finger on just doesnt quite loom right with the road jersey. Maybe it just doesnt look white enough?? Still good work though!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

WOW!!!  That is incredible!  I am truly impressed.  I didn't think the Portland Breakers image could be taken to another level.  That is some super cool stuff!

Okay, I know you have this labeled as a NO Breakers concept, but I remember when they were in Portland.  Seeing this makes me long for the days of Marcus Dupree and the rock-hard artificial turf of Civic Stadium.

Keep up the great work!  I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

...and it reminds me - an inaugural season ticket-holder - of the Boston Breakers! Oh, how I long for the days when Johnny Walton and the Breakers used to call BU's Nickerson Field home. God bless Randy Vataha and Robert Caporale for bringing the team - albeit, briefly - to Beantown.

Brian in Boston

I wonder how many of you knew that if the Colts hadn't moved to Indy in 1984, the Breakers were pretty much ready to move to the Hoosier Dome instead of going to New Orleans.

Certainly, the "Breakers" name wouldn't have worked there (!).

I (being a former Indiana resident) had - at the time - concocted a "Indiana Tornadoes" design using the former Breakers colors.  I'll see if I still have it anywhere...

The problem with doing Birmingham is that I'll probably end up doing a new logo for them, because I absolutely detest the horse silhouette logo. I have an idea for a Blitz logo, but I won't be putting it on my computer screen until tomorrow at the earliest...

Donovan:  Look hard for that concept, because I think it would be a nice tie-in with what we're talking about :)

QPR%20Sig.png

Sharp...very sharp....I wa s never a fan of that logo,i dont know why...just wasnt...but your concept is outstanding.

And with that my 100th post...LOL

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

These, along with the Wranglers unis you posted earlier, are fantastic. I really like the stripes on the pants reflecting the helmet logo. Its modern and experimental without being abnoxious.

One suggestion -- the helmet logo needs to be bigger. In the original helmet wave stretched across the ear hole and "broke" at the facemask.

This, along with the Wranglers uni you posted earlier, are fantastic. I really like the stripes on the pants reflecting the helmet logo.

One suggestion -- the helmet logo needs to be bigger. In the original helmet wave stretched across the ear hole and "broke" at the facemask.

I think he did it like that to prevent the wave decal from being behind the facemask. The new Breakers minihelmets with the newer type facemasks are done like that.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

No offence, but that looks a lot like that generic stuff you find on the shelves of fashion stores usually with some random number placed on it.

However, with a teams whose colors are as generic as that, I do say it works nicely.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived