Personal Portfolio

js °

Very very nice. Your Sabres concept has evolved a little since the last time I saw it and the buffalo looks better. And the Titans is just...wow. I remember when you first showed us that and it still amazes me. As an Amerks fan I wish they would stay with the lighter more royal blue than a navy, as in your concept, and I think the text could be larger and stretched out to fill out the banner more. But other than that, the whole portfolio and site is great.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great site, and easy to navigate.

I love your Titans logo. It was one of the designs that attracted me to this community.

You're right about the Amerks logo, it's cleaner and more legible with the white outline around the script.

Great minds think alike. The Amerks crest on the upper right corner of their web site IS the one I want them to use. That's the one the sporting goods store I worked for used on the merk jerseys from '59-'60 through '69-'70. If you notice it was tilted at an angle and had a black border on the one side to make it appear "raised." Then came the Vancouver circle. Yuk!

If I owned the team they would reinstate the first version of the crest on their uniforms immediately. They wore a version of the original red sweaters in 2003-04. But they forgot the stars on the back just below the yoke seam. Said there wasn't enough room with the name and number. Baloney. They could put that line of four straight 2" white stars and still have room for the names and numbers because the original all-red and all-white Amerk sweaters had no lower body stripes.

Also they should kill the blue sweaters. They did that because Buffalo wore blue. I say go back to red and white sweaters and keep blue as an alternate. To me the blue just isn't the Rochester Americans.

I would absolutely LOVE for the Sabres to go back to blue and yellow and your re-stylized of the old logo looks great...fantastic! I'm not a big fan of hockey jerseys/sweaters without a bottom stripe but those are pretty cool. being a Bruins fan, I'd love to see those bad boys come back the Garden. It was rather like an expansion team showing up when they switched to red and black.

Everyone took all the good descriptive words, but it is great.

Especially the sabres unis. If their old ones were a bit outdated (debatable), those would have been a great "sprucing up". (instead they went to black and red zzzzzzzzzzz)

I also really like the gulls logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Knighthawks?!?! How could you?!?!

Nevertheless, your entire site is phenominal!! I like all of your work expect the Sabres logo, but I've said that before. It's only because I have something different looking on my mind and am a terrible designer so the translation would suck.

WOW ... thanks all for the additional comments and compliments. I don't think anyone has anything negative to say .. which is mind-boggling. Thanks so much for the incredible feedback.

Yeah sorry SabreJeff ... it was a paying client ... I had to do the Knighthawks. I tried to get the Bandits as a client as well .. but they hired ChoiceOne .. and let them butcher their site.

I've already gotten some solid clients ... but not a whole lot in the sports world. I'm hoping for some more substantial breaks into the sports branding world soon though ... been making some very solid connections lately. We'll see.

Thanks so much again for all the kind words ... its amazing to get all this great feedback .. thanks all.

Archived