Packers Concept

Magus

PackersConcept.png

i for the longest believe that the packers unis are severly out of date with the green and yellow. so i decided to replace the yellow with gold. i used the shade of green thats on the logo. its the logo thats on this site. I didn't add an alternate jersey since I felt the packers didn't need an alternate (yellow or gold are not good primaries) and i didn't add any alternate pants which i felt they didn't need.

since nobody from any serious sports leagues actually looks at this forum, and this is a "concept" forum, I decided to have fun with it by using a non-traditional standard font and to poke a stick at the die hard traditionalists. :P

Its my first football concept and i am quite aware of the minor details like jagged lines on the helmet and somethings that are off centered a bit.

oh yes, FULL CREDIT TO WHOMEVER CREATED THE TEMPLATE.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Interesting, but the Packer are untouchable. IMO they have the best unis in the league, with the Raiders right up there, and this just massacres the tradition, and there awesome uniforms they have now.

But other than that, it is pretty cool, but I love green adn yellow, and green and gold is just okay. Plus I hate that font.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Yeah, that would be a much better font for a Vikings concept than a Packers one. It's totally unmotivated (except your desire to tweak noses, which doesn't usually make for very good concepts :P )

I have long said that I'd be willing to trade metallic gold for the yellow. The more I think about it, the more I wish the Packers had adopted Ron Wolf's proposed change in 1994.

Yeah, that would be a much better font for a Vikings concept than a Packers one. It's totally unmotivated (except your desire to tweak noses, which doesn't usually make for very good concepts :P )

I have long said that I'd be willing to trade metallic gold for the yellow. The more I think about it, the more I wish the Packers had adopted Ron Wolf's proposed change in 1994.

bad link...can't see the image. :blink:

galaxy.png

Sorry - for everyone who can't see Ron Wolf's proposed uniform change, copy and paste this link (close up space in "http"):

ht tp://chancemichaels.tripod.com/packers_images/1994proposed.gif

If you're curious, I have more details on this proposed change on The Green Bay Packers Uniform Database.

I've been a huge fan of this change since I first heard about it in 1994, and still am today. I like the idea that they would pay homage to all the history of the Packers, more than just the Lombardi era. Wolf's proposed change honors the 6 World Championships of the Lambeau era as well with the gold color (Lambeau's preferred color scheme for his Packers was navy and metallic gold, from his days at Notre Dame).

The only change I would make would be adding a single green stripe to the helmet and pants. Other than that, I think it's beautiful.

Archived