"Turn Ahead the Clock"

bterreson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shut that place down when I opened my current site...basically there was no reason to keep that one up...now if I'd only get around to reorganizing the site I have :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i love the turn ahead the clocks uniforms. its the future of baseball anyway in a few decades anyway. maybe not, afterall baseball has the same uniform scheme (white and grey, how innovative) dating back to the civil war.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

They were interesting ideas. The big problem is that most of them looked cheap and poorly done--for example, the "Mercury Mets." It looked like a bad rec league screenprint job. I'd expect the uniforms of the future to have better detailing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I was unaware that team India was in on this? :therock:

Well their cricket team does have some influence you know.....

BTW, Neon Matrix, are you sure discrim is setting up this site http://www.freewebs.com/mlb_tatc/

I am sure he's doesn't intend to use sexual images in there :blink: (wouldn't hurt though :D)

I did not see that part at the bottom.... :blink:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I shut that place down when I opened my current site...basically there was no reason to keep that one up...now if I'd only get around to reorganizing the site I have :D

Do u still have the pics of the uni's that u had on that other site? I'm guessing you must have had images there if it was about the TATC promotion...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

well in the future, i guess they are banking on MLB outsourcing their teams to India. Why not? Everything else is heading to that. :P

Hey don't give Bud Selig any ideas. When the next labour disruption occurs, expect an import of cheap replacement players from India.

I saw, I came, I left.

You know, when the Mariners did the first one, they were playing Kansas City (as they seem to on nearly every turn back the clock game I can remember), and the KC unis didn't look half bad. They were mostly yellow in color with the oversized and askew KCR Shield/Crown. I don't remember their numbers, though.

I'm also kinda sad to report I actually have one of the pink M's ones. They're frickin' salmon. You can probably find a picture of Butch Huskey slamming himself into the left field fence in the Metrodome online somewhere....

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

You know, when the Mariners did the first one, they were playing Kansas City (as they seem to on nearly every turn back the clock game I can remember), and the KC unis didn't look half bad. They were mostly yellow in color with the oversized and askew KCR Shield/Crown. I don't remember their numbers, though.

I'm also kinda sad to report I actually have one of the pink M's ones. They're frickin' salmon. You can probably find a picture of Butch Huskey slamming himself into the left field fence in the Metrodome online somewhere....

I actully picked up one of the batting helmets from that game while a work a couple days back. If I can find it I will post a picture of it.

felix5ix8na.png

Evidently, the idea was originated by the Mariners in 1998. On July 18 of that year, the Mariners turned ahead the clock to 2027 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the franchise. They wore futuristic uniforms (as seen below).

delore~2.JPG

^ Above: a University of Washington robot delivers the first pitch to James Doohan (not shown), who rode onto the field in a DeLorean.

Is that robot still available? If so, the M's should sign it. :hockeysmiley:

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Don't the Pistons have some sorta futuristic alternate jersey? I've seen them a few times before but never could figure out what they were all about, but they didn't look like throwbacks.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived