Letter Logos

tj4eck

It's eMb.  Expos de Montréal Baseball.

Is this documented anywhere? I have heard that for years but never been significantly convinced that logo is nothing more than an "M" for Montreal.

::digs up dead horse::

"We ain't finished beatin' you yet!"

If the Expos website is gone, does that mean the official word is gone too? 'Cuz IIRC it was on there.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Is this documented anywhere? I have heard that for years but never been significantly convinced that logo is nothing more than an "M" for Montreal.

"It happens every Spring" -- good movie.

It's an eMb it is documented in several Expos media guides.

Please spread the word.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

::digs up dead horse::

"We ain't finished beatin' you yet!"

If the Expos website is gone, does that mean the official word is gone too? 'Cuz IIRC it was on there.

Ha!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

In spite of the fact that the Expos logo is supposed to be eMb with the whole thing being the M, it is a very poorly designed M. The e and b are obvious. But that white piece looks too much like a lower-case L that it's actually a let-down to realize it means nothing at all. The M is way to fat to be noticable.

Mind you, if the name is "Expos de Montreal Baseball". Then the e and the "l" could combine to make the d for de. But unlike the b, it has no little tail sticking out the bottom of the letter.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think the Avalanche's logo kind of has a Q as a nod to Quebec too.

Can anyone substantiate if this was done un purpose? I knew the eMb and the Brewers' ball & glove, but I wouldn't have seen the "Q" in a million years had it not been mentioned. Good call...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived