Another (Blue)Jays Concept !

flamesfan89

I know there have been a lot of Jays concepts lately, but I wanted to post mine.

This might have been done before, but I kept the new identity(which I like) but added

retro colors&numbers as well as the word "blue" to the logo.

uniform.jpg

Tell me what ya think. :therock:

I know there have been a lot of Jays concepts lately, but I wanted to post mine.

This might have been done before, but I kept the new identity(which I like) but added

retro colors&numbers as well as the word "blue" to the logo.

uniform.jpg

Tell me what ya think.  :therock:

I actually like it alot. I like the one with the white J...but not the one with the text...and I like how you added the Blue on top...its really nice...but I think the colours still have to be tinkered with... If the Jay was the same colour in every logo you use it it will be awsome.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think if your going to have a sleve logo, it should be different then the one on the hat and chest. Sure its in a baseball with a maple leaf, but otherwise there isnt much different. Try using just a maple leaf, or some kind of T. logo

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wow. There have been tons of Blue Jays concepts on the boards lately, but this one really stands out for me as being the best.

Things I Like

- the addition of the word "Blue". It really fits, and should never have left in the first place

- Using the two-tone blue

- Going back to the old school Jays number font

- The white "J"

- The elimination of graphite and black

Things I Would Change

- Where it says "Blue Jays" on the white uniform, I would make the base color of the words navy blue (like it is on the blue Jerseys). I think that would make it pop more. I would also change the bird head on the jersey to the same coloring as the blue jersey. Right now it looks like some kind of weird negative image bird.

- I would try to have just one version of the bird head. Right now you have 3 different versions of it. I think the best version you have is the one on the top right. The only problem with it is that the outline of the eye is in light blue. Just change the outline to navy, stick the white "J" in there, and you will have a great looking logo.

- I would put a thin navy blue line in the place of the thin white line that cuts through the number on the white jersey

- I would lighten the lighter shade of blue just tiny a bit, to get more of a navy and powder blue look (which I think all Toronto teams should have).

- Only have a blue hat. The white and gray ones look weird.

- No pinstripes on the gray uniform

I know it seems like I would want a lot changed, but I just want it to be clear that I think you have a fantastic concept here, and with some tweaks it will be nothing short of stellar.

Everything I see in the jersey and logo looks awesome....the ONLY thing I would change would be to get rid of the "J" next to the brid head....we already know what kinda bird it is....we don't need the alphabetical assistance...but Jays unis have always been non-tradidtional....and everything you have here suggests keeping the trend....one more tihng....the word "blue" on top makes the script look a little busy....try and fit it in on one line, and it'll complete the masterpiece....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Nice. This is different and I like it. I might like a "T" next to the bird instead of a J, like someone elses Blue Jays concept. I also love the fact that there isn't any black. I'm not a fan of the pinstripes though.

I even like the white cap if it were for BP.

Great job and keep working on this one. It has a ton of potential.

buffalo_sig.png

I like it saying Blue Jays and I like blue being the dominant colo(u)r over grey, but I can't help but think the maple leaf should be red and there should be a teensy bit of red trim, especially the seams of the ball. I know lots of teams don't necessarily have red seams in their logo's baseball, and I don't want a comprehensive listing of which do and which don't, because I don't give a damn, but the leaf and seams ought to be red. Small detail, if nothing else, to counteract the over-blueness going on that makes it feel rather NBA-y. Also, use either that bird head with the T in lieu of the J or just the bird head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't believe it! Someone finally did a baseball concept without a vest! Way to go!

I really like your logo. Looks like the original mark went in for a facelift. The way you slanted the original number font makes it flow better with the lettering.

Did you ever try putting the word "Blue" in front of the "Jays?"

I don't care for the white or grey caps. From a practical standpoint I don't think they'd work in professional baseball, the way some guys refuse to change hats during the year. Ugh! A white hat with 90+ games on it in August. Man, it would be RIPE!

And I've never cared for pinstripes on road/colored uniforms. The International League Maple Leafs wore grey vest uniforms with royal pinstripes on the road from 1961-67. They wore the white version at home. Those uniforms grew old very fast.

Try a plain grey version and also try the whole concept with royal blue. But your ideas definitely have potential. Good work!

:flagcanada::notworthy::flagcanada::notworthy::flagcanada:

Archived