Concept of the Week

andrewharrington

i don't know when the jays won the WS, so i don't know what they wore then, but I like this concept.  ^_^
exciting and dramatic World Series ever (1993)?

They won '92 as well, Magus

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the 92' jersey a few weeks ago...I wore it once, and 4 people out on the street asked me about saying they wished they kept their old jays stuff because it was the best of the unis...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Freakin amazing, eh? They are fantastic. All you need to do is make the letters a little fuller. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it- I HATE THE BLACK AND GRAPHITE! These are the best BLUE JAYS concept I've seen! You need a BP top and a jacket concept to complete the package. :flagcanada::flagcanada::flagcanada:

I want a cap!

Why would you ever abandon a style in which you won one of the most exciting and dramatic World Series ever (1993)?

It had a dramatic ending, but was hardly all that exciting. Needed a 7th game to be considered one of the best.

Oh, and your concept is very nice. I like it better than the others I've seen here lately.

I hate Joe Carter.

philly97flyer, I feel your pain. I still know exactly where I sat when Mitchie-Poo's BP heater (83 mph) grooved across the plate.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's really astounding how so many Jays concepts can be posted on this board, and how they are all better than what the Jays currently have. Someone should print them all off and mail them to the Jays with a letter that just says "Pick one."

When the Jays went to their "T-Bird" logo several years ago, I wrote a pretty nasty letter to them regarding my strong dislike for their package. They basically told me to jump off a cliff and that they had a lot of positive feedback.

This concept is great. Possibly the best job of linking past and present.

My only critique would be that the maple leaf looks a bit odd without the one half. Probably just my personal taste, but I certainly would not complain if the blue jays took the field tomorrow with these. In fact, I'd be thrilled.

This is what the Blue Jays redesign last year SHOULD have looked like. This is my favorite Blue Jays concept so far.. well done.

mainescarf.png

Yes. Yes. Love them. My only suggestion would be to add something to the away lettering and number, maybe make the stripe in the type white or light blue - i think they had something like that in the late 90's design. Although i understand why you made it the way you did, for symmetry's sake.

The BlueJays should scrap the set they have now and use these. :notworthy: Great work :flagcanada:

Sorry to you folks from Philly, but as a BlueJays fan you gotta love Mitch Williams. Where is that guy anyway? :D

Last I saw he was the manager of the Atlantic City Surf. He seemed to be doing well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm just wondering if the current lack of a Maple Leaf is an attempt to hide the fact they play in Canada to free agents. Remember, your average major leaguer is no geography major, but if he sees that maple leaf he might think, "oh, yeah, they play in Canada, where it's cold and they use fish for money. I don't wanna play overseas." And if you think I'm wrong, remember Mickey Rivers once complained because they built the old Cleveland Stadium next to an ocean.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I'm just wondering if the current lack of a Maple Leaf is an attempt to hide the fact they play in Canada to free agents.

"Want to play in Toronto?"

"Sure. Which state is that in again?"

"...Kentucky."

"Hey, I'm there!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived