Roanoke Valley Vipers logo

CMUBrent

I've seen a lot of failed attempts at Vipers or Cobras, etc.,which tells me it may not be that easy of an assignment. Flynn really put out a unique design. I like it a lot. Real tight. Not as crazy for the V and head, as it looks like it could be an evil fish perhaps, but that doesn't take away from a solid primary logo.

Agreed.

The secondary bothers me a little because of the "head cut off" connotation. But all in all. Nice. Very workable solution.

Nice work Flynn.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Actually, that logo that Brent put up doesn't look like it's the official one....

Got this off of the UHL boards courtesy of a Roanoke fan....and I have to say this is MUCH MUCH Better than what the original at the top looks like, IMO...

Actual Roanoke Valley Vipers Logo

Also, they had a jersey concept up as well...

Roanoke Valley Vipers Proposed Jerseys

Now, if they go with these, this would be pretty slick, IMO

Dang, you beat me to it, HatCityEnforcer. :lol:

The logos on those jerseys are much better than the one I posted. The jerseys look sharp too.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I love flynn's logo, I am just not sold on the size of that eye, the "chin" of the snake or the inclusion of the back part of the jaw.

If the eye were smaller and they edited out the back part of the jaw it would be soooooolid. Also, I think the bottom lip or "chin" part of the snake could use some shading work. Maybe to make it come around on a better curve.

Reminds me of Nitro's Jacksonville Anacondas as well.

I love flynn's logo, I am just not sold on the size of that eye, the "chin" of the snake or the inclusion of the back part of the jaw.

If the eye were smaller and they edited out the back part of the jaw it would be soooooolid. Also, I think the bottom lip or "chin" part of the snake could use some shading work. Maybe to make it come around on a better curve.

Reminds me of Nitro's Jacksonville Anacondas as well.

Whenever I look at one of Flynns logos.......there are always 2-3 things I think to myself...."i wouldve done that a little different". For this one, it's the severed head secondary, and the fact that the fangs have no bend to them.

But at the same time, I think my changes would wreck his work. If that makes sense. He's got a very discernable, whimsical style that is all his own.

That's why variety is great in logos. There are so many great solutions to the same problem.

And I totally agree. Nitros Anacondas and this one for (me at least) solve the problem of how to render an inherently LONG unlogo friendly animal in a tight concise manner as well as any two serpent logos I've ever seen.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Also, they had a jersey concept up as well...

Roanoke Valley Vipers Proposed Jerseys

Now, if they go with these, this would be pretty slick, IMO

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I disagree. I'm not a fan of when someone takes the same jersey concept as a different team, then trys to make it their own. I am not a fan of the new LA Kings jersey, and I'm not a fan of this concept either.

Not knowing the history of the Vipers, I can only go by what I see here. Maybe a different colour scheme or something, but going with an established jersey scheme doesn't do it for me.

The logo looks alright, but when I think snake, I don't think purple.

I like it - I agree, thefirst logo isn't "Sterlings" standards but I really like Flynn's version. At least the Vipers will be playing hockey, the KC Outlaws, after one year of exsistance have suspended operations. D*md it all!

Go Vipers, your my new favorite (besides the Moose & Mudbugs) hockey team. :D

Still very fine work Mr. Flynn! Great concept - you hit another homer . . . uuhm, how about Flynn shots, he scores again!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

the KC Outlaws, after one year of exsistance have suspended operations.

Bummer about your Outlaws. After reading the article on their website, and reading the attendance figure, Im really not sure KC would support an NHL team (then again who even wants an NHL team right now) even with a new arena.

Signature intentionally left blank

the KC Outlaws, after one year of exsistance have suspended operations.

Bummer about your Outlaws. After reading the article on their website, and reading the attendance figure, Im really not sure KC would support an NHL team (then again who even wants an NHL team right now) even with a new arena.

apples and oranges my friend. Just because KC didn't support the UHL, doesn't mean the NHL would fail there.

Scout, you can come to Topeka next year. Looks like the Tarantulas aren't dead yet......

I am the one who actually created the first logo. As VirginaTechSucks pointed out, the local media had absolutely nothing regarding the new team or just simply a lack of information period. Roanoke sucks when it comes to supporting any local venue.

I came up with that logo merely for my few friends and those that visit my website from time to time. I never expected it to make it to a chat room let alone sit across the owners desk. I too like flynn's version much better.

There was no attempt to come up with the new logo, just an attempt to have something more than what the media was and still is offering. I have since updated my website with the new and still unofficial logo.

I watched the two Roanoke stations local news tonight not one flipping mention about it at all, the lead story was Marcus I want some pot Vick got announced the starting quarterback for the Hokies this year and freaking NASCAR. Yes I am southern and a country boy but I hate NASCAR with a passion  :cursing:

You sound like a local. Why Roanoke "Valley"? Will they be playing someplace outside of Roanoke proper? This Valley thing seems to be a (rather annoying) trend lately.

Port Huron's logo is horrible - almost as bad as the Toledo STORM - Geez, are they having the local jr. high kids draw them :blink:

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Not really a local. Just a transplant. Originally from San Antonio, but recently moved back to the area and VERY annoyed with the whole sporting circuit in Roanoke.

My guess is they wanted "Valley" added to give area fans a sense of ownership. So that the team doesn't just belong to Roanoke, but the Valley too.

Port Huron's logo is horrible - almost as bad as the Toledo STORM - Geez, are they having the local jr. high kids draw them :blink:

The Flags logo has been around since 1962. It's not the greatest, but there isn't a lot one can do with a nickname like Flags. :)

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

The name flags is ok, it's the logo that stinks. First, the oak leaf is too big, the eagle looks like a hawk - They could hire someone from here who would do a fantastic job! Just hate to see poor logos :blink:

Archived