MY Toronto Blue Jays concept

vicfurth

I was going for an updated look for the Blue Jays. That and I tried to prove that you don't have to go completely retro with the Jays. Elements from their current set work just fine with a bit of re-colorization...

torontobluejays.jpg

C/C required! ;) Those're Padres numbers split down the middle.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Why? Because the currentl "Blue" Jays' look sucks.

This one... I dunno. It takes no chances, and those blue numbers would be tough to read on the light blue jerseys. I'd say it's less of not liking it and more just not quite being impressed compared to the other stuff that's been posted for the Jays lately.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like these, and honestly, I think just a little black could make the current Blue Jays uniforms very nice. They didn't need it, but it could have been a nice touch if they used it properly (Like you did here).

The numbers/wordmark on the road might be a little hard to read, but damn its nice!

I haven't seen a bad Blue Jays concept in awhile....maybe some of you should get hired. :P

Oh, and doesn't Roy Halladay wear 32?

That he does. I figured that out soon as I posted. I was too lazy to fix it.

More explaination time! I went with the blue jay in a baseball to try something a bit new. I wanted a modernized logo look. If you remember, the original Blue Jays logo had a jay in a baseball. I also wanted to eliminate any maple leaf, red, and gray. That's one of the reasons I used powder blue for the unis. I put a highlight in the baseball to tie it in with the rest of the set.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I really like your choice in lettering and the overall idea. I'm not too keen on the blue on the away uniforms. The blue of the ball cap could look alittle more blue jayish.

I like that you've added trim to the sleeves. Thats the one thing that I really miss on the current uniforms, other than the script, there is no trim...thery're so plain!

I really like your choice in lettering and the overall idea. I'm not too keen on the blue on the away uniforms. The blue of the ball cap could look alittle more blue jayish.

Agreed, the away uni needs some other blue, either as the jersey color or the numbers. I'm tempted to suggest black, but whatever.

Otherwise, I really like the Jay on the baseball logo.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived