Logo for the Buffalo Rapids of the ABA

MC Buffalo

the P kinda throws it off a bit. It might have worked better if the tail flowed into the A. otherwise its a very solid logo, and the aba basketball actually doesn't detract from it at all. very nice work.

Amazing... a logo from a Buffalo team without a bison in it.

Actually not the first one and not even the only current on without....

bandits.gif

Besides, how many other Cities that are named after an animal are not using the same animal in most of their identity packages? It's a natural fit why not use it? Not to mention that the Bison/Buffalo is an animal with a strong, tough presence which lends itself well to being a sports themed logo as well. It's not like we live in Gerbil, New York.

its not bad at all, but 2 nit picks:

the slant on the city name is more than the team name, and the wordmark is ok but they screwed up the outlines (the R and the A should have one white outline, as if theyre joined together), the point on the A and the swivel in the P don't flow well.

It's not like we live in Gerbil, New York.

Amazing... a logo from a Buffalo team without a bison in it.

Actually not the first one and not even the only current on without....

bandits.gif

Though behind the mask is probbaly a Buffalo!

It's not like we live in Gerbil, New York.

At least you were not born in Seman, Ohio. I have a friend who used to live there.

I like it. When the name was announced, I wasnt so sure and thought someone was going to use the Milwaukee Wave logo for the Rapids, like how the Fresno Heat Wave did. I cant believe Im saying this but (gulp) nice ABA logo.

Signature intentionally left blank

Finally a good ABA logo - one of the better ones! :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thought this might interest everyone...

It seems the owners of the new ABA Buffalo Rapids contacted the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to inquire about purchasing the name Buffalo Braves from them (for those who weren't aware the Braves moved from Buffalo to San Diego in 1978 and changed their name to the San Diego Clippers, and then later moved on to LA). The Clippers declined apparently they are making a pretty penny from the sales of Buffalo Braves "Throwback" Jerseys.

Isn't Buffalo close to Niagara Falls? "Rapids" doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for a nickname of a team in that area.

From Wikipedia-

Ships can bypass Niagara Falls by means of the Welland Canal, which in the 1960s was improved and incorporated into the Saint Lawrence Seaway. While the seaway diverted water traffic from nearby Buffalo and led to the demise of its steel and grain mills, other industries in the Niagara River valley flourished with the help of the electric power produced by the river.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived