Pittsburgh Steelers helmet logo

Slater

Sorry Hormone I'm going to have to agree with Clemster on this one. I live and work in Pittsburgh and the number of mullets ect... i see here is on par with most other areas. You'll find them in any major city if you move far enough away from the metro area. (Especially if you are hanging out around a Wal-mart) My friend that lives in NJ right outside of NYC has a neighbor with about 50 garden gnomes and a truck on cinder blocks in his back yard. Its not just a Pittsburgh thing! So leave my city alone! :P

Anyway... The Steelers jerseys are fine as is. The only thing that might need to be changed is the font, and I'm not totally against the idea of a 3rd jersey. Gold jersey, Black pants w/ a gold stripe - it could look alright. (But probably not)

there are several teams out there that have colors in their logos that don't appear anywhere else on the uniform...a notable example being the Blackhawks, who use gold and green on their C-tomahawks logo and several colors for the indian's flesh and feathers, but only red and black for the uniform. Then ya take a look at the original California/Oakland Seals uniforms, which had gold and black on the seal but nowhere else on the green and blue uniform. now I turn your attention to the Boston Bruins, whose alternate logo is the indifferent brown bear we all love to hate...notice they haven't used brown since the 1920s :D and a little further back, the 80s Bruins' alt logo had a red tongue. again, notice the lack of red on the uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i don't care about the sanctity of a logo, if a team has had the same style for 30 to 40 years then it needs to be changed.

Well I guess coke should change their logo and get rid of their famous script. Also, nike should get rid of their soosh. Why we are at the USA has used red, white, and blue and the stars and stripes for close to 200 year, maybe we should change the flag.

See how stupid that is. When you have built a succesful brand you don't change the logo because it is part of the brand. It goes for the corporate world, the political world, and the sports world.

rynoz10........Dude that looks cool. I'm a huge Steeler fan and during the season everyone in the office constantly talks Steelers football. I'll have to show some of the guys and see what they think. I do think you should add the helmet over the uniform to give it the full affect.

Thank you ZapsRowdower8

Thanks Zap. I added the helmet to the gold jerseys and I hate to say it, but because you now have black pants (with the gold jersey) you can add it to both the away uniform and the home uniform. I hope I don't go to hell for this. ha ha.

yellow jersey with helmet:

Steelers_AltGold.gif

away jersey with black pants:

Steelers_AwayBlackPants.gif

home jersey with black pants:

Steelers_HomeBlackPants.gif

The color is whatever the team calls it. I'd consider this to be yellow before the color the Steelers use. If you notice, real yellow is a lot brighter. We just call it gold because it's easier to distinguish between the two AND because it's what everybody calls. (Everyone knows it's yellow, everyone calls it gold.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

"Go to a concert, sporting event, and/or Wal-Mart on the outskirts and you'll see them."

Go to any Wal Mart in the world and you'll see stonewash and mullets. it could be in the fashion district in paris and you'd see them. weak argument. as for the steelers, they have one of the best looks in sports. i see people calling for changes to traditional uniforms as casual fans. innovative looks dont last. look at pinwheel caps, powder blue baseball uniforms, neon green jerseys(see florida wafl team), and horrid sets for the niners, bengals, bills, falcons, etc. teams like the rams and dolphins have been tasteful, while the pack, steelers and browns are priceless

rynoz10.....Thank you for adding the helmet. That looks awsome. I really like the all black uniforms. Thats so cool.

As per DirtyCurty.....How many times did the Steelers beat the jets this past season? 2? Humm.......Yellow is refered to as gold. Look up the high schools in your area and the schools who use yellow and another color, always list yellow as gold. The color gold, is refered to as old gold.

Seriously, what is with using blue and red in the logo, but nowhere else?? Nobody else, anywhere, does that.

rynoz10, like the gold jerseys. But please no monochrome black sets. Learn from the mistakes of the Ravens and the Jags. That, and it defeats the purpose of the black pants - to give the Steelers an option besides black jerseys in hot-weather games. The black pants complement the gold jerseys perfectly, but if they'd just use them to mix & match, they'd be better off sticking with what they have.

I take it you've seen the Cardinals' new uniforms. And for that matter, the ones the Cards have been wearing until now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived