July webdav challenge: nhl salt lake city

webdav

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love Nitroseed to enter because he does such fantastic work.  Unfortunately, if he did, he'd be a virtual lock for winning it.  Only one or two people would stand a chance to even come close.  BTW, I'm having trouble matching up all last months designs with their designers.  I know a few, but am puzzled on the rest.

he'd be a virtual lock for winning it.

He's amazing, but I refuse to believe that. :;): I'm going to be stepping it up a notch on this one, and hopefully my secret weapon comes through for me!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Syphi- you're one of the one or two that I was talking about.

Don't get me wrong, many guys here can certainly hold their own.  But just think about it.  Your presented with all this great work, and let's just say that the top three are from Nitroseed, Syphi, and GMS.  All three would get a lot of votes, but I'd have to guess that Nitroseed would come out on top.  

People are gonna vote for the cleanest and most professional design.  I think Nitroseed produces the most proffesional looking work.

This isn't a rag on any designers here, they're all awesome in their own right, but my feeling is Nitroseed, as a logo designer, is tops here.

The fact is as professional as your logo may look it doesnt guarantee a winner.  Yes it helps but isnt a shoe in for victory.

Lets take the New Rockets logo.  It isnt complex, shaded or by any remote means detailed yet it is well received by a few on the board (please no rocket comments here).  It is the creativity behind the logo thats counts combined with the right name.  

If you are looking for it being professional, and yes Nitroseeds designs are that, I will more than glady help anyone transform their design into illustrator.  To do so I will need a detailed sketch, paint or photoshop file and we can go from there.

This may be frowned upon by some, but I do not want anyone to feel limited in what they can do or produce.

Good Luck

Actually, I'd say if trich, whchoclte, and some of the other pros enter (including nitro), we could have some very interesting results. This is kind of like that Beat the Geeks show (I've never watched it myself, but I've heard plenty)... the amateurs are trying to unseat the pros. I'm looking forward to it.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well, y'all will likely have a new winner for July because I haven't even thought about a design yet. Like Gary (whchoclte) last month, too busy. Will Bods39, Gary, and Nitroseed be entering? We saw Joe Bosack on a random post a month ago, now if he was entering, we'd all be toast.

If anyone needed some constructive help Before they post their finals, lemme know.

A note about revisiting designs- I overhauled the Condors to Falcons and it was twice as interesting. Condors are fairly ugly, static animals, so to be able to show some motion/beauty helped immensely. I didn't want to change the mascot mid way just because a different one worked better. A client won't let you do that.

I'm just going to hit this post once before bed to keep it on the front.

I'm doing one this month too.

I liked most of the boards suggested names and loved a few.  Just feels like cheatin' somehow to take any of them...Even if they were offered freely.

Can't wait til the end of the month now to see everyone's stuff.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

i think u all will be surprised with mine. im not saying its gunna be better than any1 elses but i think its my best work so far...

i think we should keep a "record book" like for each month's winner, put it in their sig so we all can see who we can look up to and take hints from. any one 2nd that?

untitled-1.png

I am really looking forward to the results this month, everyone seems to be up for putting in a good show. I think one or two of last months efforts really showed what was possible! Good luck to everyone taking part!!!!!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived