Detroit Lions to Unveil Black Alts

TruColor

I don't think these will look that bad, but it goes to show you that at some point in time, every sport team will not only have black in their scheme, it'll be a jersey at some time. Soon the alts will be the team color.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REE- diculous. Just ridiculous.

How do the Lions take black from non-existent as of 2003, to a trim color, to an alternate jersey? They took one of the classiest uniform sets and color combos and they've trashed it for conforming to the whims of marketing people.

How soon until black becomes to the NFL what gray is to MLB, and we just do away with dark uniforms in the team color altogether?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i hate you matt millen, you fluffing kittycat. (wow, nice filter for c*nt!)

The Lions aren't saying the new look is tied to Millen's days with the Raiders, but he has strong feelings for the Raiders mentality.

"It's just one of those things," Millen said, chuckling. "It looks great and it has a good feel, kind of makes me feel at home a little bit."

these make me want to plop blood.

why couldn't you leave the honolulu blue and silver alone?

Wow. Can't say I care for those black Lions jerseys. They're just needless. And obvious. But needless, nontheless.

Someone mentioned earlier about the NFC north having very traditional uniforms. I agree. But, as a Vikings fan, part of me wants to see what they'd look like in an update similar to the one the Cardinals underwent. I bet it would be awesome.

Its not that they are executed that poorly.

Its just that this is a culmination of the useless and pathetic addition of black to their scheme.

Gross.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Wow. Can't say I care for those black Lions jerseys. They're just needless. And obvious. But needless, nontheless.

Someone mentioned earlier about the NFC north having very traditional uniforms. I agree. But, as a Vikings fan, part of me wants to see what they'd look like in an update similar to the one the Cardinals underwent. I bet it would be awesome.

That was me, and I agree. If anyone could have used a Cardinal-ese update it was the Vikings. Don't ever touch the bears or the pack, and they should have left the lions alone.

The Lions aren't saying the new look is tied to Millen's days with the Raiders, but he has strong feelings for the Raiders mentality.

"It's just one of those things," Millen said, chuckling. "It looks great and it has a good feel, kind of makes me feel at home a little bit."

Uh oh... don't let Al Davis get a hold of that. Lawsuit. (Seriously.)

williamscombo.jpg

I just noticed.

Black on the sleeve striping.......none on the number outlines.

Silver and white on the number outline and striping, none on the collar.

This thing is all over the place.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

As a approaching 40-year old, lifelong Lions fan, I was initially whizzed off at the thought of a black jersey.

However, after seeing it, I like it. Heck, I like it alot.

They have won ONE playoff game since 1957 in Honolulu Blue. If they can win something while wearing black, pink or any other color, than bring it on.

Not bad for 1 game. Better than the throwbacks.

Please tell me you didn't just say that....the Lions throwbacks are the best throwbacks in all of professional sports.

these jerseys are pretty crappy.....just another attempt to sell more merchandise while compromising the look of the team. (see NY giants' red, eagles' black)

It's blasphemy, I know, since according to y'all the lions jerseys are supposed to be as plain as possible... but these don't look bad. There are things not executed well--the collar is weird-looking, and the name would look much better in just plain white--but overall, it's not a bad look. I prefer the Lions stay in blue, rather than switch to these, but as a one-off, they're fine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i figured out what was bothering me in that pic, in that picture next to the black the blue looks super bright, almost neon. It doesn't look like the right kind of blue in that lighting.

ohh... the color is what looked weird to you?

i thought you were talking about the urinal poses...

Archived