Cache Valley Rendezvous

barnesdesign

Our office summer softball team used to be called the Conference Services Sluggers. We had a brainstorm, however, and decided to change the name to something decidely more original; something more regional. So after we narrowed it down to a few names, we picked the Rendezvous, because of the history of Mountain Men and fur trading in the Cache Valley region, plus Rendezvous sounds like it would work with Conference Services too :)

Anyway I made a version called Cache Valley Rendezvous also, so I wouldn't have to keep explaining why it says Conference Services, and to make it a bit more marketable. Since I work for Utah State, we had to go with Aggie Blue, so I added some copper, forest green and silver to give it the outdoorsy feel. And yes, since there are so many references to the famous trapper Jim Bridger, I made a mountain man for the mascot.

Let me know what you all think....uniforms are coming soon :) Thanks!

CVR.gif

These will seem like all negatives......cause I'm in a hurry.

But they aren't.......good work.

"Z" is illegible as such. Mod your font

difficult to read initials in cap marks as well.......LV? CV?

Also, The green is very similar to the blue in darkness, and not used very much throughout.

I'd get rid of it altogether, add more copper and increase consistency and contrast in the process.

After that, slightly bigger head, and MUCH bigger hands. He's pretty dainty right now. I know you want to convey broad shouldered mountain man.......but by and large people are proportionate. :D

Good luck.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Ben,

I am a big fan of your work. I like it.

1. I like the font, and the fact that the "Z" is a little odd doesn't bother me.

2. I agree the dark green next to the dark blue is too much, especially in the tertiary logo on the Mountain Man's chin with the blue and green next to each other and on the wordmark. It's hard to distinguish.

3. The hands on the bat don't bother me, if you want to make them bigger you can, but either way it's not notcible to me.

Overall a good design! Keep up the good work.

Fix the Z...doesn't work as just the S flipped over...

Something about the hands bugs me...it almost looks like they are not lined up, as if the bat has a slight curve on the handle.

There's not enough contrast between the green and blue

Maybe make the copper/brown outline around "Rendezvous" thicker.

The silver seems really close to the white in contrast, maybe a slighter dakrer silver would work.

I like the color scheme and the choice of fonts, except for the aforementioned "z". The lumberjack/trapping woodsman is rendered pretty cool, but it doesn't have anything to do with "Rendezvous".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Once again, Ben you do grea work - love the logo.

"I am the kin to the Bear that Bite Jim Bridger's Ass, and you . . . are molesting my hunt" (quote by "Bearclaw" from the movie Jeremiah Johnson, starring Robert Redford).

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Okay I listened to the comments and I appreciate them all. Here is the updated version

CVR1.gif

There are a bunch of changes, most noticeably on the mountain man...he no longer has woman hands. I also made him more angular instead of curvilinear to give it a more aggressive look, and I gave him short sleeves. I got rid of the trees and arch at the bottom of the logo...I felt it was unnecessary. I thickened the outline on the lettering, fixed the Z, and the C in the hat logo. I also darkened the grey and lightened the green. I think that is it. Let me know what you think of the changes, and maybe I can finally get to the uniform designs :)

Thanks guys :)

The changes are subtle, yet remarkable. Very nice work. Hands can be very tricky, but you pulled it off masterfully.

I know you are going for the angular look with this, which I like, but the only thing that bothers me is the racoon tail on the hat. It looks too stiff pointing up. But that is being very nitpicky.

Love the "ragged short sleeves" look.

I like the changes, but one thing stands out to me...the angle of the middle stroke of the E in Rendezvous (it's repeated in Cache Valley but doesn't stand out as much). With the way the E and Z line up, if you angled the middle stroke of the E down, the negative space between the E and Z would look like home plate. I think that would be a subtle but cool play on the negative space within the wordmark.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

the new design is EXCELLENT, as was the first one. the changes are great... the only thing bothering me, as was already mentioned once, is the racoon tail.... maybe try having it shorter and not bent, come straight back at like a 45 degree angle. just a thought.

You guys going with tackle-twill lettering on the jerseys, Ben? If so that'll look fantastic.

If you're doing screens though, on a button-down shirt its simply not going to look right.

Actually for our team "uniforms" we are having a one-color print (blue) on a white and blue "baseball" t-shirt (colored sleeves). The uniform designs were just for kicks and giggles :)

Archived