Packers logo revival

Discrim

i now present three edited versions:

2.0gblogo2.0.gif

2.5gblogo2.5.gif

2.75gblogo2.75.gif

and also i am proud to present two new packers concepts using these logos.  one is straight up based on rumors about a Packers change slated for about 10 years ago that was never made, and the second version has a different colored G on the helmet and changes were made to the road jersey.

New Packers Concepts

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Please don't take what I'm about to say seriously, because I'm a bit drunk from the 4th celebrations :P, but that logo doesn't look that good to me.  Did you design it while inebriated?  It's more than cool if you did, just wanna know :P

QPR%20Sig.png

never even heard of the word 'inebriated'...all i know is this is larger than i figured it would be.

2016cubscreamsig.png

That's a pretty cool concept to be working on.  I won't go through the motions of telling you that "That would never happen!!" cause we all already know that.

I remember, reading the snippet about this in the early nineties in the Journal/Sentinel.  (about 10 days prior to the "uproar" from fans that quashed it. It even had a little sketch...based on the papers interpretations of their ideas.  It looked very 1) Notre Dame, and 2) Current/new STL Rams.  To my knowledge it would've involved not only a switch to old gold but also to blue instead of green.

I'm glad they didn't but it would've been pretty ok looking.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

That's a pretty cool concept to be working on. I won't go through the motions of telling you that "That would never happen!!" cause we all already know that.

I remember, reading the snippet about this in the early nineties in the Journal/Sentinel. (about 10 days prior to the "uproar" from fans that quashed it. It even had a little sketch...based on the papers interpretations of their ideas. It looked very 1) Notre Dame, and 2) Current/new STL Rams. To my knowledge it would've involved not only a switch to old gold but also to blue instead of green.

I'm glad they didn't but it would've been pretty ok looking.

hm, going to blue too?  glad they didn't, woulda made teh pack look too bearlike.  sort of like giving teh cubs a predominantly red jersey :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

Those 75th anniversary Packers unis in '94...weren't they blue and yellow?

I believe they were, but I can't find the uniform they threw back to on Canis' site. Nor can I find the helmet on the helmet project, although I did find the throwback helmet listed as '94. It has a green facemask though, so I assume they just removed the decals.

Those 75th anniversary Packers unis in '94...weren't they blue and yellow?

I believe they were, but I can't find the uniform they threw back to on Canis' site. Nor can I find the helmet on the helmet project, although I did find the throwback helmet listed as '94. It has a green facemask though, so I assume they just removed the decals.

go to 1994 and look for one of the 75th anniversary logos, then you should be able to find the throwbacks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

with the exception of the gold helmet, that looks a lot like a san jose sabercats uniform

a couple tweaks and you're right.  i seriously considered just releasing versions with the mustard yellow first cus of the comments on how these look Notre Dame-ish, or in this case Sabercat-like.

2016cubscreamsig.png

There was a time when they were blue and yellow. I'll go check Canis' site for the dates on that.

According to the Packers Media Guide, the blue was dropped as an official team color in 1950, leaving only green and gold.  It implied that all three colors were in use prior to that point.

It's where I sit.

Perhaps, but the page I found is from 1937, and there is clearly no green THEN. The helmet doesn't count, because the page says they didn't even wear helmets in '37, so the just removed the stripes and the decal.

yeah, like has been said, the pack did a notre dame back then...switched every now and then between blue and green...a green jersey lambeau outfitted his team with for one of the college allstar games even made the football hall of shame cus the material saunatized the pack ???

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived